Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach Bug

I had a crazy weekend helping organise and decorate my house for my sister's 18th... plus ALL the cooking for her friends... only to be hit by a stomach bug the night before!! so frustrating. Fortunately emet didn't come into play as it was just diarrhoea. Thankfully. Still it was a very bad case and I felt so exhausted and dehydrated... it was like being hungover but having not had any booze. Ginger ale did help a lot though. Anyway, I got through it and the party went well! My stomach still isn't right, and I guess I wondered what other people tried to eat when they have diarrhoea. I always eat bread and cheese, 'cos my Grandma tells me to! how about you?

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm not sure what I eat when I have diarrhea. I used to associate it with v* all the time, so I wouldn't eat anything. Now that I'm a bit more in tune with my body I just wait until the waves subside and eat anything afterwards (as long as it isn't too harsh). I usually just open up a pack of Saltine crackers.

Eat yogurt... it will replenish the good bacteria in your guts.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I usually don't eat at all when I have D*, but I attempt to push fluids like gatorade. When I do start eating, it is usually yogurt to help my stomach. I also eat bland things.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pedialyte, saltines, and Ginger ale!!! And if you can handle it try eating some protien. I went through a period of about two months last year where it (D* and N*)really took its toll and it was to the point I could barely stomach anything without being n*and then having D*. I know its no fun but if you don;t eat anything it will make it worse. Also if you can get some candied ginger it works excellent for n*. Hope you feel better soon.

Bryan

When I have D* i usually just drik aprite or if my stomach doesn't feel that bad I'll have some toast.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17