Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I could sit on the plane and chat with you guys tomorrow during my flight. I am so freakin' nervous. I'm such an idiot, why do i worry about things I can't control before I even do it? There is no point in worrying about flying days in advance! All it does is stress me out. Will you please say a little prayer for me that i will be ok?? Why do i have to be in the middle seat on a crowded plane? ugh.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I'll say a prayer for you. Just remember how fun it's going to be once you get there! Bring something to read, bring head phones, watch the in flight TV (If you don't want to buy headphones for that just use your regular head phones...LoL the sound quality isn't as great but it works) Just have fun!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Well, maybe you can use a computer at the airport business center just before your plane leaves and keep us posted.

Doug

I have never been on a plane in my life. I am 35yrs old.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I will say a prayer for you... Have fun!

Thanks guys!!! As usual, everyhting was fine and I worried way more than I needed to. I had to take 3 Xanax to get there (it only took 4 hours) but I managed. When we checked in the airline was able to get my husband and me seats together, so it was great.

Palm Springs was fun and beautiful and we really enjoyed ourselves. The flight back was a little scary just because it was on a propeller plane and those tend to get bouncy, but I made it through that with my husband only having minor fingernail wounds on his arm!

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, it means a lot.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

yeah I don't fly alone because of this...and I ask the people around me
    if they get motion sickness, I also don't sit with my mom on flights if
    I can avoid it because she does get motion sickness, and it's not
    fun. The only time I really had a bad experience flying was when
    we went to Arizona a few summers ago and a kid a few rows behind me had
    a sv, that was unfun I just tried to sleep it off. I've flown by
    myself twice and survived just fine both times. I really don't
    remember much about the flights though, which is strange to me because
    one of them was when I was 14. I have no clue what I did

Well, after flying a combined 45 hours in the past two weeks, on some of the most turbulent flights ever (and I fly often- this was definitely more turbulent than normal- I was actually holding on to the chair in front on me on my flight from Sydney to Hobart because I thought I would fall out of my seat)- I would say that you have very little to worry about in terms of others becoming motionsick. Even the people behind me who complained loudly about the state of their hangovers managed to hold onto their breakfasts. Furthermore, our Air Tahiti flights provided free alcohol (which meant that I drank an embarrassing amount of wine- I won't even tell you the glass total, lol)- even that combined with icky airplane food and turbulence didn't make anyone sick. I was really surprised- I thought for sure that I would see or hear something. In fact- I'm already planning my next few trips.....Manitoba in June (small trip), Spain-France-Italy-Greece in March 2007, and Northern Ireland in August 2008.

PS- you wouldn't be able to chat online during a flight- wireless internet would interfere with the radio frequency much in the same way cell phones do.I doubt you would be able to even get reception that high up and away from a wireless hotspot anyway.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know if it is me but does anyone else take their own food
    onto long plane journeys where you know you are going to have to
    eat. I went to Canada in 2002 for my honeymoon and took all my
    own food, the flight attendants loked at me very funny indeed when I
    pulled out this big bag of food. I have IBS and lactose
    intolerance aswell so really have to know what I am eating to avoid
    making myself ill.

However I must say that if anyone is ever travelling through Copenhagen
    airport, which I use a LOT, there are some great little food eating
    places in the departures lounges serving hot food cooked fresh right in
    front of you, that always sees me through to my destination. Plus
    you get a nice cold glass of Carlsberg with your
    dinner...Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I think I have been lucky, i fly with business a fair bit, and in the
    thousand or so flights I must have taken I have never gotten ill
    afterwards and have only ever had one person v* on the plane at the
    same time as I have been on there and that was due to a mildly
    turbulent flight and she was travel sick. I think that air travel
    is now one of the safer environments to be in as the air is replaced so
    quickly and I think I am correct in saying that they are filtered
    now.

Iain

I've only ever been on a plane once, and it was such a short flight and back then I wasn't aware of my emetophobia (was very young) but you wouldn't get me on a plane now, unless I was in like a cubical on my own lol, couldn't bare to see anyone else V*, i'd feel so trapped!

and a big *WELL DONE* to you, it just goes to show that these things really arent that bad, you planning on anymore flights soon? lol! i'm so pleased for you!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Iain- I usually bring food too, just in case. But, I have found that if you call the airline you can have a decent selection from which to choose if you want to special order. I usually ask what the options are, and end up going for the vegetarian/fruit meals, which I daresay looks a lot better than what everyone else is being served. The first time I called an enquired, I was pretty fascinated by all the choices- most of the bigger airlines not only have vegetarian/vegan alternatives- but different ethnic foods and things that are gluten-free, dairy free, peanut free, etc.. I know you may still end up being served something inedible- but I figure I may as well try. A few times I was even pleasantly surprised.

As for food within the airport- as long as there's a Starbucks and someplace that serves beer, I don't care if all they have onhand is stale saltines, lol.

*amber*

gooddr, I can't even put a bite of food in my mouth the day i fly until i have reached my destination. That's how freakin' nevous I get!!!

But Amber is right, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Now that I have a few uneventful trips under my belt, I would love to start planning a future trip to Italy!!

I've been flying since I was young, so I guess it doesn't really get me, other than being really pcky about who I sit by

I'm head to Japan soon. Making the journey on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by reese
    I'm head to Japan soon. Making the journey on my own!

wow that'd be amazing, i'd love to go there! India aswell, i'd LOVE to visit India!

You'll have to tell us about your Jap visit though [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I really want to go to Australia, and back to Hawaii and London!

This is not my first time to Japan... I love love love it there!