Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ive had a cold for a couple of days now, but last night i had such a bad night i woke up in the middle of the night and i was convinced that i was going to be sick and i started having a panic attack i started shaking and had to go wake my mum up even though it was 4am!!
    Now im scared because ive woken up this morning (and i wasnt sick last night) and my tongue is a funny yellow colour..... but last night i drank a can of pineapple pop before i went to sleep and i dont know wether its because of that or because im poorly.. im scared... ive brushed my teeth to try take the colour away but it wont go...
    does this mean im ill?
    im so scared that im going to be sick today please help me someone!

Hey there abbey, just relax ^__^ I feel the same way when I get bad colds - that whole waking up in the night thing is so scary, especially whe you're not feeling your best as it is! With me, I'll usually only have one bad night like that, then I'm over the worst of it. I don't know why it happens...maybe you have a bit of a temperature, and you woke up really quickly, and got a bit disorientated. Its scary, but nothing to worry about.

You won't be sick. Itsjusta cold, not a stomach virus, so don't worry! *hugs* As for the yellow tongue thing - I'd definitely be blaming the pineapple pop! But it could just be because of your cold. Just take it as easy as you can, keep up your fluids and eat a few good meals - you'll be ok again in no time!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I hope so...
    this is the second bad night that i have had i hate being this way! i havent been this bad in ages and i dont know how to take my mind off it anymore....

Hi Abbey,

Ive had so many nights like this where ive woken up very quickly and become disorientated just like angel13 said, after thative felt dizzy, hot and cold and really nauseous but this is all just panic. You have nothing to worry about hun!

The last time i had a cold i woke up in a cold sweat and freaked out completely thinking i was gonna be sick, so straight away i felt ill and couldnt sleep for the rest of the night but after eating something the next day and having a good nights sleep i felt better! You probably just got a shock waking up at that time and thinking about it made u feel sick, thats what happens to me too, i really hate waking up at that time!! Oh and the yellow tongue, ive had that quite a few times, even when i havent had a cold so i would say thats definitely the drink! Dont worry your going to be fine! feel better soon xxxxx
    x abbie x

Thanks abbie ....
    it helps when people have experienced the same as you... because it sets your mind at rest...!
    Well i dont feel like eating maybe thats because of the cold but i know i should eat something because im pregnant... but i just dont know what to have
    i hope im alright today!

You're gonna be fine, just relax and drink plenty of fluids. remember what i told u about loss of appetite being a symptom of a cold, well thats all it is hun,the cold! if your not too hungry, just eat something light like some toast or maybe some soup!

feel better soon xx
    x abbie x

Thanks Abbie ... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    im glad i have you to talk too... it means a lot to me!

Anytime hun[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i'm off to school now but i'll be back later and we'll chat then xxxxxxxx
    x abbie x

Abbie i forgot how old are you again??
    is is the same abbie that i email isnt it??
    xxx

Hope you are feeling better today

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.