Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: daughter sick

I feel so bad Sally as I know how panicky I would be too but you are doing a great job and it should be over soon so just try to relax. Opening a window for some fresh air is a great idea. Try to stay close by your daughter incase she does have to v* and that way you can get a bucket or something so you don't have to clean up the mess. (that is what really bothers me the most, is cleaning it up) Just keep washing your hands and disinfecting as much as possible and try to keep Elliot away from her as much as possible. You are a great mom - don't ever think otherwise. I know it doesn' t seem like the night will ever end - but you WILL get through this! Lots of hugs!

I am just now reading this and all I can say is WOW, what a night! Your daughter is trying to be strong and you are trying strong and you are both getting through this experience to the best of your abilities.

Do keep us posted...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you Alissa and purpleteacher

Well its not good. My daugter had gone 2 and a half hours with no v* and now she has v*d again. It is just after 3 am here and I am so tired but I have accepted I will not sleep now. I just hope my daughter starts to feel better soon.

And more v*. In her bed again. This must end soon. My poor daughter. I have Just read her a story and settled her back down. I trying my hardest to stay calm in front of her, but as soon as I leave her room I am breaking down. well thats 8 hours since it started, hopefully the worse will soon be over.

CURLY.....I FEEL SOOOO BAD FOR YOU!!! YOU GUYS JUST WENT THROUGH THIS!!!! DID YOU DAUGHTER HAVE IT THE LAST? THE POOR THING......YOU ARE BEING WONDERFUL, BE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR HANDLING THIS SO WELL!!!

How is everything now??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thank you Reblynd and Charlene

My daughter only had a tummy ache and felt a bit yucky last month when the rest of the family were ill, so hopefully my son will miss this one.

I just hope my daughter starts to feel better soon. It is so horrible seeing her like this, even though she is being so brave.

My poor dear. I am so terribly sorry that this is happening. I remember last month when your son got sick, then you and your husband. I followed your horrible illness that lasted longer than any sv should. Your daughter was able to pass that one by. It is amazing how she did not get sick from anyone in your home when all were so ill, but managed to pick something up elsewhere this time.

When I learned that your husband was leaving town, I felt somewhat glad that you all had been sick.I figured you would only have to deal with maybe a headcold here or there since you have all had the dreaded sv. My guess is that you and your son have some immunity against the sv and you won't be ill this time. I know that night time is horrible, especially when your spouse is away and the uncertainty of when she will be sick next plays so heavily on you.

I have no words to say other than I am thinking of you and will be all night (its 10:59 p.m. where I am (United States - East Coast). I wish I was nearby and could come get your son fora few days to keep him quarantined fromhis sister.

When all is well, I would give your mil a liplashing. Your daugher, more than likely, got it fromher.

Stella

With hugs to you.

Curly...big hugs to you and your little one....keep us posted!!!!

Curly- I would recommend 7up or sprite instead of water. That stays
    better on the stomach than water (just my opinion and I read it in a
    couple of different places). Can someone bring you some sprite or 7up? I
    will be thinking of you- you can do it. What a sweet little girl she must
    be.

Curly, I'm so sorry you are going through this again so soon. I know exactly how your feeling with watching the clock, I have done the same thing in the past. The counting down in 1/2 hour increments makes it better some how. I t start to pace and clean like a mad woman. I can't sit and stare at them waiting for it to happen. Your doing the best you can and that's all anyone can ask of you in this situation. Your stronger than you think. I know the minutes seems like hours and the hours seem like days but soon it will be over for her and you. Hopefully, your son won't get sick.

Could she have gotten it from your MIL? . I know you mentioned she had been sick in a earlier posting.

All of us here are with you in spirit and know exactly what your going through. Please take some comfort in that.

Thank you so much everyone. Your kind words really help. Just knowing I am not completely alone with this fear helps so much.

Well it has been almost 2 hours since my daughter last v*d. She seems to be sleeping quite soundly now. I so much hope she wakes up feeling better. I will have to keep my fingers crossed that my daughter will not v* again and that my son and I do not catch this one.

That is so awesome that you are handling your daughter's illness like a champ.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I know that you are extremely anxious, and let me just say that I overcame the fear of vomiting by doing exactly what you are doing; it is sort of a natural desensitization.

I have 5 kids, so I have been where you are at many times. Just remember, if you do catch this bug, you are in control as much as you can be. It's all about accepting that you have it, and proving to yourself that you can still be in control of your surroundings, even if you are sick.

I hopeyour daughter is better for you! You deserve a break. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Curly - we are all with ya! You are not alone. You will get through this again. I really feel for you - it has been so rough for you this year hasn't it..? I really hope and pray that this is the end of it for you. If it is a sv your daughter has, i reckon you and your son will have some immunity from a few weeks ago when you had it, particularly since you had such a nasty sv, i am sure your immunity will have built up enough to get you through this one.Hugs and kisses, Trudy x

How are things? Sorry it was such a rough night for you, you must be so exhausted as I know you haven't slept much for the past few nights as it is.

Hope it's stopped now...it will eventually. Hope you're ok.

your doing a fantastic job ..... it sounds more like gastro .. that long one .. that can make you v* alot my daughter had it for hours .. but it only lasted 24 hours ..... milk of mag is good for settling kids stomachs so when shes in the clear get some in !! you are a wonderfull mummy and your daughter knows that !!

Well I think my daughter is starting to feel alot better now. She has not v*d any more so that is good. I have just given her a nice bath( she was not too poorly to splash me!) and now she is snuggled up on the settee.She is complaining of tummyache but Isuppose that has to be expected.I feel a lot calmer now, but i am still so worried my son will catch it. He is fine at the moment though. It has been a very quiet morning without my daughter. I can't wait to have my little chatterbox back to herself again.

Thank you everyone so much for your support. Your kind words really do alot.

So glad things are better. Your daughter is bound to have a sore tummy as it has undergone quite a trauma over the last 12 hours. My daughter stopped v* on Saturday night, but she was still complaining of pains for the next 48 hours, and has only just got her appetite back. So don't be alarmed by any of this, it's perfectly normal and natural.

You did amazingly well. I remember how you told me I was brave and strong and a good mum for coping with my kids at the weekend - well believe it of yourself, ok? You've just done exactly what I did.

The daylight will make a big difference to your mental state - try and get some fresh air and sunlight, even if it's just hanging washing on the line, it will help.

Keep us all posted and we're all thinking of you.

Well done Sally hun *hugs* you did it!!!

*fingers crossed* That your son doesnt catch it but yay well done hun you did it again so brave!!

Yes I think the stomach ache is to be expected after last night,but the sleep will have done her good,and well I dont recon you will have had much sleep at the moment.

What a brilliant mum you are Sally really well done..

Keep us posted hun

xVx xxxxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am glad things are better. What a rough night. I hate those nights. Thank the Lord I have only had to go through a couple of them with my son. Try to get some rest while she's resting and hang in there!

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Oh you poor poor thing, you are having a year like mine!! I really hope nobody else catches it, and that your daughter is better soon!! How many different svs can go around at one time, it really is ridiculous!!!

Hi Sally!

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is feeling ok and I hope that you are going to be able to get some sleep. You were up all night and I'm sure your daughter is exhausted too, so try to get some rest today. I am crossing my fingers that Elliot doesn't get it!!! (and you too) This has been a horrible few months for you and I hope that this is now the end! Keep me posted. I am thinking of you!

how are things this afternoon ?

Thank you so much everyone for all your messages.

Well this afternoon my daughter is almost back to her old self. She has just woken up from a sleep. She has eaten toast and is asking for more food so that is a good sign. Other than the odd stomach ache and just being a bit floppy she is fine.

I am so glad my daughter is better. I am going to try not to torture myself like I usually doby wishing I had handled it better. I just hope my little boy does not get it now. They are so close and aredrawing picturestogether as I type. I can't keep them apart. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Curly, so very glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better now. I know how hard that must have been for you to go through. I remember one year when my son had it and he started v at 10pm and it lasted until 6am the next morning...i thougth it would never end. It is so sad to watch them that way, and it broke my heart b/c i could not fully be there for him. It's heartbreaking...but you know what, your kids know you love them no matter what. And that's all that matters really. Not that if you were all up on them when they were sick...they will always remember the good times between you. So, don't beat yourself up for thinking you didn't do enough for your daughter....you were there and that's what counts....i will pray that you and your son stay clear of this bug...and that your daughter continues to recover and get back to her old self.....Pat on the back to you
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

HI Curly, Glad she is better. Her stomach probably hurts from being sick so much. It can be hard on the stomach being sick so many times like that. Hope everyone else stays well!!!

well done !! be proud of your self !! you came through it !

Curly, I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better. Hopefully now you can relax. I'm praying for you and your family that you will all stay well and get some rest today!

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

CURLY~~~

Maybe when she tells you her stomach hurts now, she's just feeling the sore muscles that come after so many V* episodes?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Curly

How are things at home now? I am sorry to hear you have had to go through this again! I thought things were calming down in the UK - no?

Fingers crossed you will be ok too. Do the kids catch it from school do you think?

Let us know how you are doing
    Will this last forever????