Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: panic

for the last two days my boss has been not feeling well, he was here both dayslike tired and weak or something

his wife called in today..she said he is really sick with a bad sv....ok now im freaked out bigtime...i feel like no matter what i ahve been exposed to this and of course now im nauseuos from anxiety...we have not worked too closely lately and i have washed my hands and all that...im not using the bathroom for the rest of the day..now i feel like everybodys gonna start dropping like flies...im freaked out, very scared

try to calm down......if you haven't been working that closely with him, then you are probably ok. Just keep your hands washed and don't touch your face....my husband and I kissed about 30 minutes before he got a really bad sv* and I did not catch it, and kissing is sharing the same bodily fluid (ok that sounds gross)... but anyway my point is that we were a lot closer than you and your boss got to each other and I ended up being ok.....so take some deep breaths, I know this is hard but just be glad that you haven't been near him that much lately......hope you are ok!
    ~Mandi~

I know that feeling. If you haven't been around him when he was actually getting sick and have been washing your hands you should be fine. I had a sick coworker come in to work a couple of weeks ago and then go home with a sv. I sprayed down the office with lysol and wiped things down with clorox wipes and have washed and purelled my hands until my skin is falling off. Just keep washing your hands and try to calm down....
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

You should be ok if you didn't really have close contact with him. And washed your hands etc. Try to relax. Easier said than done [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

i mean we just had a renovation in the office so our cublcles are very far away from each other..but this took a few days to come on foe him... i set my smoking quit date at this weekend and now im afraid im gonna get sick so im totally anxious...god this sucks

i just feel doomed..like im marked for it..i hate this phobia

my g/f is trying to calm me down by saying its not a sv...what the frig else could it be?

two days of tired and weakness before an sv?
    sv comes on fast and abruptly...
    it could easily be something else.

i hope so..im just trying to relax...u guys no how it goes..i felt fine and nowsince i have found out im all freaked out and not hungry and scared and worried

Maybe the flu?
    Some people vomit with influenza-I know my husband does [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

no it the typical sv with stuff coming out both ends..his wife says hes a baby when hes sick and makes it worse than it is but...he felt like hell when he was here yesterday he had a fever but he didnt use the bathroom

im just freaked

im in that mode now..that maybe i should not eat mode

now i feel crappy like achy, tired, worried

im so freaked out now

i just know myboss is going to be in tomorrow ..his wife said he was v******* and had the runs all day long

he is a workaholic and he is the owner of the company...his sister who is my direct boss told me to bring lysol in tomorrow from home....i really dont think im gonna be able to avoid this one

Find a way to get to a safe place mentally - stay there. If this means eating your safe foods and washing your hands a ton, then go there. Just do your job and let your boss do his. You don't have to be in close contact and if anything, make stuff for yourself to keep yourself AWAY from him if he comes in tomorrow.

You missing work doesn't sound realistic and you don't know if he just a case of FP (he could have been eating the same thing progressively for 3 days and the buildup of stuff made him really sick).

Let us know how things work out tomorrow. You can make it through and you are not doomed just because one other person in the office POTENTIALLY has the SV. Potential doesn't succeed without effort. He isn't going to intentionally try and make his employees sick - if he is really the big baby that his wife says, he will probably stay home tomorrow too!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my boss stayed home so thats a good thing

but my coworker feels sick

i cant win

Is your co worker ok now? does she feel the same kind of sick as your boss?
    ~Mandi~

i asked her and she said that her stomach was kind of bothering her whatever that means

im just so paranoid right now...i feel there is noescaping this

well try not to worry, that could mean a lot of different things......period, indigestion, gas, stress....not necessarily sv*
    ~Mandi~

i know..im hoping shes a hypochondraic

How is everything?

It is so difficult to try to focus and remain stressfree when people around you have sv. But stress can lower your immune sustem, so you might want to vitamin up.

Take care and keep us posted!!!!

so far im ok...its the weekend so im not around these people for two days

a freind of mone had to work there today he called me..said my boss was there for a couple hours today...then left..so far a few of the people i work with are still ok today..im worried i will be exposed again come monday

imnot feeling that great today and im very freaked out...do u think i would have had it by now ...the last time i saw him was wed...

really not feeling good today