Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG..Help!

I get that lump all the time, and I freak out because it's not a good feeling, but I have never v*ed from it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Breathe in deeply through your nose, slowly out your mouth...
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Do you know if anyone else is not feeling well? Close your eyes and take some deep breaths, I think you are just getting all worked up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Evelyn, I know its hard but try to relax. Like the others said, find somewhere cold. Open a window, turn on a fan, even stick your head next to the freezer and just take some deep breaths in through your nose for 2 seconds and out through your mouth for 4 seconds. Keep concentrating on your breathing and think happy thoughts.

Once you've calmed down slightly try and think what this heaviness of food in your stomach feels like, maybe you're not finished with the whole d* thing? I think you have to be brave and go to the bathroom again because if it is d* thats the problem you will feel so much better afterwards, the n* is because your body is obviously trying to get this food out of your sytem and you're not letting it. I really would just face it and try to get the d* over with. You can do it!

If the worst should happen just remember we are all thinking of you and you can do it.

Keep us posted, and good luck!
    xxxxxxxx

No i really think IT might happen. I mean it is the really really overwhelming feeling.... I wish i wasnt so scared of v*!!! It wont stop
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Hun you are getting worked up this could be alot of anxiety, I get a lump when I panic and it stays there for quite a while, its there because of anxiety..

Deep breaths hun, try your hardest to focus on something else than this feeling hun!!

Exactly what Violet said, try to focus on something else.....what;s your cute little daughter doing right now?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Has anyone just let IT happen? with food in ur tummy and everything?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

I used the phenegran bout an hour ago it was like 25mgs or whatever. Can i use another one?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

I haven't ley IT happen, when I went through this a few mos ago, I fought it to the end. I did have D* for a day, but never V*. It was hard, but I kept remembering that I brought the panic on, and I worked hard to make it go away, knowing the fact that I wasn't truly sick.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I just let "it" happen when I had a SV over a month ago. I felt 100% better when I let it all out, in fact, I stopped vomiting altogether!
    Spring is here!

i dont know if im not sick though. its getting worse and its hard to take deep breaths
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

how did you "let "it happen? its hard to breath and i choke and all that. Did u have food in ur stomach when u did it?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

How are you Carolee???
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No, I didn't have food in my stomach, and that hurt like hell! I would much rather have thrown something up...so I drank some sprite and vomited, and all was good. You can do this...your body needs to....try and relax and see what happens
    Spring is here!

I will say, it was unpleasant to vomit, but there are many things in life that are unpleasant.

It is not the vomit you are fearing...it is the fear of loss of control. I decided to take control of my surroundings in order to feel the control of how and where I vomited. You cannot stop vomit always, but you can change your outlook. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Spring is here!

Anone know about using another phenegran thing? if i should or not
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Huh? Why? I am ok...if your reffering to last nigth when I felt like a piece of poo, it passed...

How are you feelinbg now? Just kleep taking th edeep breaths, I have been there, I have held on for a long time before really thinking this was the end IT is going to happen...and it didn't...I really think if you rbody wanted to it would have been sick by now...I seriously would try listening to your body...if you think you can handle sipping water, or mints then I would...but your body will tell you if you reaslly cant even look at that right now...but if it is just fear telling you not to drink water then I would sip some...sometimes it can really help...also open a window everyone is right, I find that is THE best for n*! Are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee

Huh? Why? I am ok...if your reffering to last nigth when I felt like a piece of poo, it passed...

How are you feelinbg now? Just kleep taking th edeep breaths, I have been there, I have held on for a long time before really thinking this was the end IT is going to happen...and it didn't...I really think if you rbody wanted to it would have been sick by now...I seriously would try listening to your body...if you think you can handle sipping water, or mints then I would...but your body will tell you if you reaslly cant even look at that right now...but if it is just fear telling you not to drink water then I would sip some...sometimes it can really help...also open a window everyone is right, I find that is THE best for n*! Are you ok?

I'm a DORK!!!!!!!!! Got you and EVELYN mixed up! Long day...........
    ~*~Charlene~*~

About phenergan I am not sure... but I found this on yahoo health
    <LI>Phenergan Suppositories 50 mg--ivory, torpedo-shaped suppository in blue foil so they come in 50 mgs...which tells me you can take another one if you only had 25 mgs... th elink to the site is</LI>
    <LI>http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d00787a1</LI>

Im still trying to hang in there. I wish i was brave enough to just do IT but i just cant find it in me im to scared but i want to feel better
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

yes dear you can take more phenergan.
    you can take up to 50 mg at once. (2 pills)
    and up to 100mg in a day...
    so thats 4 pills total.

you're not supposed to exceed 100.

Has anyone used these suppositorys? That just goes to show what i will do not to v*
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

It sound sto me, like th emcdonalds didn't agree with your stomach an dgave you some d*...I think if you were going to v* you woul dhave by now...hopefully th ephenergan will kick in and ease the n* for you...just think you have made it 45 minutes it is sure to pass soon...

i would like to think if i was i gona i would of but it keeps coming and going like every 5 min. I could have an sv i do work with ALOT of people and i wored last night( oops i mean worked)Edited by: evelyn22
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Just remember though, there's nothing wrong with fighting it as much as you possibly can, but if it does have to happen, the part leading up to it is the hardest, and you may actually feel better after you V*. That's the flipside of things. Hopefully you will get over the panic soon, and be able to relax. If you have more D*, don't worry, it's just the B-fast making it's way out of your system, and the sooner it's out, the sooner you feel better.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Can you try and lay down for a bit to see if it passes?

Ok, well I usually if your body is going to v* and thats that, then it make syou v* an dyour not sitting there for hours...I think if you were going to you woul din no way be able to speak let alone type ( I am not minimizing your n* trust me I have been there ) I am just saying that I think you are totally capable of fighting this n* off...if it was a dire emergency and your body needed to get this out ( Which is never th ecase my doctor told me you dont v* to stay alive, it is just as effective to have d) then it would have by now...eating a food ( like mcdonalds ) can really upset the system sometimes and throw you for aloop when your not expecting it...hav eyou tried going to the bathroom again, do you still feel lik eyou need to go or is it all n*?

evelyn, are you any better?

how are you now hun?
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.