Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OMG..Help!

I think what helped me when I had a SV was the fact that I was nauseated for 2 days off and on before I actually vomited and had diarreah.

I can also say though, that I have had SV's where I only felt nausea and had diarreah only...so it just depends on your body.

I've always figured, if you are going to vomit, you will vomit no matter what. Sometimes nausea doesn't mean nothing more than your stomach sending you signals that you ate something that didn't agree with you, and to slow down.
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn22

My dad just called and said that it wouldnt be fp cuz that takes 24 hrs. Is that right?

Im at my stepdads house with him and my 3 yr old but neither of them really understand. Everytime i think im feeling better and that maybe i wont v* the feelings come right back. I cant sleep cuz i am afraid to lay down i figure if i sit up i have a better chance of not v*
    I agree with the PP...food poisoning can happen within 30 minutes to a day or 2...it all depends on the type of bacteria. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Spring is here!

When I had fp. It took 45 mintutes the first time, and 2 hours the second. It lasted a day and a half, but the bad part was only 5 hours. But no v*!

well i guess i wont be out of the clear from v* for another 2 days if u felt like this for that long b4 u v*
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

this is why i sometimes hate these boards..

DARLIN, just because ONE PERSON felt sick for 3 days and then finally v*'d the last day.. doesnt mean that is YOUR case. in fact.. the odds of the SAME EXACT thing happening to you are SO FRIGGIN SLIM. we are all different people with different responses and different bodies.

you need to assume the BEST, not the WORST.
    assume it was something nasty you ate and by morning you will be good as gold.

i dont want to face the nightime
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

do you burp?

Evelyn, you have fought it this long, so you can continue to fight it until the nausea goes away. I had really bad something a few years ago and I fought the awful feeling for over 15 hours and was still feeling bad when I went to bed. I had temperature of 102 and nothing was moving.

The key is in your breathing. You cannot vomit without sharp breaths. If you can keep those sharp breaths from happening, you will not vomit. You are already taking anti-emetics to suppress the urge too. That's good. It also helps tosuck popsicles or ice chips.

It sounds strange, but gagging a little bit in your throat will make the nausea go away for a few minutes at a time. Be careful not to gag too hard or it can set off those sharp breaths that lead to vomiting!!!

And if you decide to you want to "give in," as emet say, or "get it over with," as non-emets say, all you have to do is take those quick, sharp breaths, and you will barf in less than a minute.

You will feel better tomorrow.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG i have to go to the bathroom and i know its gonna b d* and then im gonna v*[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

It's ok...just let the d* happen...what now? Are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    this is why i sometimes hate these boards..

DARLIN, just because ONE PERSON felt sick for 3 days and then finally v*'d the last day.. doesnt mean that is YOUR case. in fact.. the odds of the SAME EXACT thing happening to you are SO FRIGGIN SLIM. we are all different people with different responses and different bodies.

you need to assume the BEST, not the WORST.
    assume it was something nasty you ate and by morning you will be good as gold.

Why is it that sometimes you hate these boards??
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn22
    well i guess i wont be out of the clear from v* for another 2 days if u felt like this for that long b4 u v*

Everyone is different. You may not even have a SV.Like one of the pp said, you can't determine how you react to nausea just because that is the way I acted. I also mentioned in my post that I have had nausea without vomiting; in fact, I get nausea daily and eventually it subsides....

How are you now?
    Spring is here!

hey, are you better? whats happening?

Ya I am concerned...What is happening?

EVELYN~~

We're worried about you.....are you OK??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Evelyn I hope you are ok, please let us know, we are concerned for you!!

r u ok honey

Yea im still here. I had to cook supper for my daughter(not fun) I STILL feel really really bad though not even had BMs. I still have so much n* though. I don't know what to do anymore. My mouth has been watering since like 11 am...
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Is the Phenargen (sp?) supposed to alleviate the N*?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yea it it supposed to. I think maybe it kept me from v*ing but i don't know.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

evelyn, this might sound horrilbly far fetched and maybe silly on my part...

but im just wondering if you've the slightest appetite at all?
    as we all know, not eating all day can cause problems in itself.
    have you been drinking liquids?

if u need to vomit or if your body wants to vomit u wont feel any better till u just vomit honey [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

OK i would rather try to suffer and fight through it than do IT. I am not that brave. i have a lil appitite and knmida thirsty but i have had neither since 11am. I know its not good but i do not want to take any chances
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

How are you now? A few weeks ago I'm guessing I got Food Poisoning cause I don't think it was an SV and I was nauseous on and off for 5 days...finally I Took a Unisom and it went away and didn't come back. Anyway I've fought nausea before...A LOT before (I used to get severely Nauseous like every other day when I was living with my parents) And out of ALL those years and ALL those times getting Nauseous I only V*ed once. IT doesn't mean you are going to V* but let me tell you the one time that I DID V* I felt A LOT better after ward. But I totally understand what you mean that you wish to fight it. The last time I V*ed I fought it till the bitter end! It would have been better if I would have just let it happen. Anyway how are you now?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

If you take TINY sips of water, it might alleviate that lump in your throat. Taking small sips won't aggrevate your stomach. Can you have someone get you some ginger ale? Maybe take a Unisom or Dramamine and it will help knock you out. Or at the very least, calm you down a bit. It always helps when I'm having a "panic day." Hang in there!

evelyn, have you felt relief from anything yet???

Hope things are a bit better for you than they were earlier hun xxxx

I hope that you are feeling a bit better, b/c it sounds as though you have had a hellish day.

Here is my humble opinion. IF you have fp, you need to let it out. You have to get it out of your system, one way or the other. I know how scary it is, and how out-of-control you feel, BUT, having bacteria in your body and actually holding it in, well, can't be good.

BUT, I think this is serious panic attacks. Been there. You get a bit of d* and then WHAM, you think that it is the beginning of something else and you panic. And panic, and panic. You said that you would start to feel better, then you would feel ill again. You are so upset (and understandably) that you are TOO aware of your body right now. You have been "fighting" the v* for so long now that you probably won't v*. The phenegren should have knocked you out too. This is why I think that it is panic attacks. If the phenegren can't help you to relax, then there is WAY too much adrenaline happening.

Keep us posted, and I hope thatyou feel better soon, no matter how that may happen.

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

how r u doing now? any better?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I hope you soon feel better.