Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OMG..Help!

Hi, how are you feeling now??? Have you v*?

I am 35 and havn't v* since I was about 12 (touch wood!)

A couple of months ago I woke in the night and felt S*. I took and anti emetic and went back to sleep. I woke again in the morning and still felt S* !!! I took another 2 anti emetics and thought they would work but "no". I felt so bad and that close to V* that the only thing I could do was sit at my computer and lean forward and put my head onto my arms. I knew that if I moved I would have v*. Anyway, I stayed like that for 45 mins. I didnt move. My 3 year old was rubbing my back. My 8 month old was crying for attention but I couldnt move. I was so scared. I felt s* all day so it was nearly 24 hours. I had a few boughts of d* but I welcomed that. Better down than up !!!

So, to answer your earlier question...... yes, I have fought V*for all these years. God forbid it does happen one day. I have gone through 4 pregnancies and 3 births without v*!!!

If someone told me I would v* at 6pm tomorrow night I would have to do away with myself before then. I really cant v*.

How did you get on? Did you v*?

Thinking of you and hoping you are okay.

Karen x

There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

honey, are you better now?

Evelyn, how are you today?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am just NOW reading this (hours after hours after it started!) because I have been avoiding my comp for the last day or so... WOW!!! You have been going through a lot.

I do agree with what others have said - it could be FP or it could be panic OR it could be a combination of the two. It is amazing what our minds can do to our bodies. It sounds like you were antsy to begin with about eating at McDonald's too!

If it is FP, V* will help you feel better much faster because the poison will get out faster --- if it is a SV, V* may or may not help. Panic attacks can cause V* too, as I had friends who would V* when their nerves and anxiety got too high.

Have you considered going the hospital? This is obviously taking a toll on your body and the phenegren isn't helping as much as you would like it to. If it isn't FP, then the hospital can give you something to reduce your anxiety and help you get out of this attack faster --- if is FP, the hospital can also treat that. Have you called your doc or called McDonald's? Maybe someone else got sick too and you aren't the only one.

Do keep us posted and I'm sorry for my such late response. I'm rooting for you and I hope you get through this without V*, but I really hope your body does what is best for itself too.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi evelyn

I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how you are doing.

I am really muddled about time differences so don't know whether all you U.Speople will be in bed now. Its early evening (715pm)here in the UK, so I guess I may have to wait a while to see how yr doing.

XXXX

i think that a lot of what your feeling is anxiety. i know there have been many times that i've had d* and felt like i was gonna v* while it was happening, and for a while afterwards i still had that feeling, but i think it's just because i was soo scared and i worked myself up and you tend to feel nauseas when you have a panic or anxiety attack. don't get me wrong, if i were in your situation i would be doing the same thing, i do it every single time, but i really do believe that what you're feeling is just worry. the med you took should work 100%. try taking a shower, that usually helps me, keep yourself occupied, shave your legs so you have to concentrate on something (as weird as that might sound), and i bet once you get out you'll feel like a new person. that is usually what helps me the most is doing something to take my mind off of it, cuz if you just sit around freaking out about it, it only makes you feel worse. hopefully this helps. good luck to you.

I hope you're feeling better
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

i know im a day late, but i was just wondering how you are doing now? i hope you're okay!

-hayley xoxox

Hi Evelyn,

It sounds like you are on the downside of this and you have fought it. I am absolutely no fan of McDonald's. I taught nutrition at a college and studied the food (if you want to call it that) contents of McDonald's. When you are better, I can give you some scoop on it. My guess is it IS the food. It doesn't mean you have fp, its just the ingredients.

Stella

Evelyn, how are you now? It's possible that what you had could have been a series of panic attacks. Of course, I don't know for sure what you have, but I have had panic attacks lasting six or seven hours.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

how are you?????

r u ok?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

.............getting a little worried........................
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Where did you go, we are all a bit worried...[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I saw that she posted somewhere else on these boards today...dunno why she is avoiding this thread??
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

YAY! Thanks for letting us know she is okay... I was worried, especially because I got to her post late.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

wow, what a thread! I don't know how I missed it, but I'm glad she's feeling better.

as much as I love macdonalds breakfast.. I have a hard time with their eggs. I don't know what it is about them - but I know if I eat them I'll be in trouble. Im guessing it wasn't food poisioning either, but just the ingredients. All that greasy food, on an empty stomach that hasn't had any food since the night before... not always a fun mix.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I just got back to my pc after several days away. Evelyn, I am so sorry you had a rough weekend. I hope you are better now!!!

Thank you so mucj for all your support! I think i am ok now but i will never eat mcdonalds again!!!
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn22
    Thank you so mucj for all your support! I think i am ok now but i will never eat mcdonalds again!!!
    I don't eat at McDs because no matter how good I feel, about 45 minutes after eating there I always get bad gas pains and then d*.