Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Money....

A month and a half ago, some friends and I went home for the weekend and all agreed to chip in for gas. The gas bill ended up being about $35, so the girl who drove told me to pay whenever I could. I told her I'd go to the atm the next day and get her the money- and I did. She has her own room, so when she wasn't there after I knocked a couple times, I put it in an envelope and slid it under her door. I didn't tell her I did, figuring it was her money and if she didn't get it for whatever reason, she'd say something. A month and a half goes by. I get a text two days ago and she states that she's out of money and wants the $35 I owe her. I ask her what she's talking about, say that I slipped it under the door the day after she asked for the money from everyone. She responds by saying she never got it, that her boyfriend has been using her room too, but no matter, it's not her fault that she didn't get the money and she has a bill to pay so I'm going to have to lend her the money.

Now this wouldn't be that big of a deal...if I had any money. But as someone with no job right now, leaving the school and going home in 3 days, and has $2.50 in her savings account right now, I don't have the money to lend her. Plus the fact that it's not my responsibility to pay her twice. I tell her this. All of this. I apoligize that for whatever reason she didn't get the money. I tell her to ask her ex boyfriend if he maybe picked it up (they have since broken up). She says the two fo them are not talking, and it doesn't matter because she needs money and she needs it from me and I need to give it to her. I ask her where I am supposed to get this money. She suggests I borrow it from my parents- as if it is their responsibility or obligation to pay her bills for her! How rude and annoying. I showed her a bank statement, proving the date I took out the money and how muchI took out. Then she has the gall to call me a liar today, and tell me that if I don't pay her by Friday she's going to come back and "get me." I feel like I bought drugs from her or something! it was all I could do to not call the police. I ended our conversation saying I was not paying her, I didn't appriceate her accusations, she wasn't worth my time, to eat sh*t and goodbye. My goodness people!

The next day goes by. She sends me a text. It says something to the effect of how I am such a b*tch for not paying up, and if I don't pay her before her bill is due, she's going to come and "get me." Whatever. I tell her to leave me alone. I talk to our RA in the hall. The RA talks to her and tells her to leave me alone. So the rest of the day goes by. Nothing.

This morning I wake up to the loud ringing of my phone. Guess who?! She's yelling profanity at me, telling me I am a terrible person and oh so immoral for trying to con her out of $35. I told her to shove it, hung up the phone, and talked to the RA again. I'm only at college for a few more days (until Friday) so I'd rather not get the police involved. Still...I'm so irritated right now!

Sorry, I just wanted to vent. Very frustrating. Was I right though?

Geez people can be completely ridiculus. Its obvious you did slide that envelope under the door, and you proved to her that you took out the money from the bank. In hindsite though I would hand it to her (or anyone else who this situacion arrises in the future).Instead of being rational about it and handling it like an adult, she has to resort to calling up and shouting profanity over the phone.

We've had neighbors like this in our apartment, acting like its all our fault because they are the ones that can't keep their screaming matches down hence we have to complain about it, so it is our fault. I just literally do not get some people, they are made of rocks in the head.

Oh good grief. You did have the bank statement to show her. She's probably the liar. She probably took the money and spent it and is now asking for it again.

I've started to write checks now for paybacks, even if it is to my best friend. People tend to forget about how you paid up. Very convenient.

Wow, what a psycho. I would just ignore her, and if her threats get any worse I would probably reluctantly get the police involved. Is she crazy enough to try and hurt you?

You might want to give a call to the police anyway. People like this need to know they can't utter threats (I don't know about the US, but in Canada it's illegal to utter threats.) Did you save your text messages or anything? I'm not saying press charges, but just let HER know that you are now involving the police. You can swear out a statement that you paid the bill, and how you did it. Although there is no proof, unfortunately, unless you hand it to her or write a cheque. It's doubtful she will sue you for $35 - not worth the filing fee.

But threats are not acceptable! Call the cops.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.