Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

THe saga continues, I am very terrified of my kids catching this bug!! She v'ed (projectile) three times yesterday and ran a 102 fever had d* once, then today had d* 4 times and just v'ed as I was talking to my friend on the phone, it had been almost 24 hrs. since she last v'ed!!! We've been everywhere, too, we're buying a house and have been on the go for a solid week, and looking around other people's homes and bathrooms, etc. I can't handle being an emet anymore!!

Congratulations on buying new house Donna. Have you or your children been around her? If not I wouldn't worry too much about it. Keep focussing on your house hunting. I know it will be on your mind, it would be on mine to but keep yourself busy.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am really hoping the sv* is dying down after the kids have been off for
    spring break. I sent my daughter back to her preschool program today
    and it about killed me, but she really wanted to go.

I just panic when I hear of it being so close and so nasty!! For some reason the thought of my kids "projectile" v'ing terrifies me even more than just regular "v". I heard the poor baby v* on the phone last night, it sounded violent and awful!! I hate hearing of svs anyway, but these terrify me and consume my thoughts!!!

Some people at work here had been sick with SV's too lately. What the heck?? I thought winter meant the end of this nonsense. I am so ready to be done being super nervous. Some girl I am at work with went to dinner last night and she said shortly after, her stomach began feeling rumbly and gas-y and she feels a little sick to her stomach still today. She thinks MAYBE she ate bad shrimp (why I won't eat that stuff at a restaurant). She has an upset stomach but no n* so I'm thinking that she's dealing witha little food poisoning over an SV, but I still can't stop worrying about it and have thuoght about it all day...

Donna, have you been in close contact with this friend of yours or her daughter...if not, then i don't think you have anything to worry about catching this sv that the girl has.....you are running yourself ragged worrying and going all week house buying and don't let yourself get too run down. I hate you go through this so often....it's not wonder your nerves are on edge. Any time i hear about v....i freak out too...it can be on another planet, and i would probably think there was a chance i or my kids would get it Try to relax, and do something fun.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I am sorry you are going through this. I think you will be alright since you did not have direct contact with your friend's daughter. I know how you feel though. My friend told me on the phone today that her little boy had a sv and I started to worry. I have not even seen this friend for over 2 weeks, but since she only lives around the corner this is too close!! Try not to worry and I hope everything goes o.k. for you.

The night before her daughter got sick, I was with my friend and she was sticking her fingers in Aidan's mouth and kissing him all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just worried that he had her baby's germs on her hands and then stuck them in Aidan's mouth. THis is day 3 of her daughter's barfing/diarrhea. Not only is it violent, it is NOT over quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuck! This sounds horrible. The poor little girl. I know you must be really worried, I would feel the same, even though I think you will be fine as the little girl had not v*d when your friend was putting her fingers in your sons mouth. It has been over 3 days since you had contact with your friend so I think you will all be fine. I wish i could say something to make you feel better and not worry so much.

Congratulations on house hunting! UGH! Its a pain in the butt though. We went to settlement ona house a few months ago but the house needed painting and new cabinets and carpet. We are almost done and getting ready to move.

I wouldnt worry about getting sick. Youwere notaround the v* or d* so dont worry. You will be just fine...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

**bighugs**Edited by: madisonsmom

Thanks, Debbie!! We're really lucky, the house I THINK we're going to make an offer on was a model home, so there isn't much wrong with it except for some of the ugly wallpaper they hung in it!! I am so excited, we've been renting off & on for 7 years, we haven't stayed anywhere more than 2 years, so I am sooooo happy we are finally going to have a home of our OWN!!!

Back to the topic of my friend's daughter--she is still having d*!!! I think she has rotavirus. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Aidan wasn't around her!!!

Hi Donna,

I am a newbie here. I just wanted to say that I think Aidan is ok. It has been more than 3 days.

I know how you feel though...a few weeks ago, I was outside my house with my kids and my neighbor stopped to say hi. She said she didn't want to get too close because she was just getting over a sv...I totally freaked out. The worst part was that their cat came into our yard. I was so worried that the cat was carrying the sv, that I took the kids inside right away...how crazy is that? I hate this phobia!! Of course, I still panicked for 3 days until I felt that the kids were ok.
    Maria