Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, my worst nightmare is happening now. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

The only thing I can be thankful for is all that he has had this morning is juice. He was s* before he actually ate anything so all he is bringing up is juice.

He got up at 6am. My daughter got up at 6.30am. I brought them downstairs. My son said he was starving and wanted breakfast. I told him I would do him something after I had given his sister her breakfast and bottle. (She is 9 months.) After her breakfast I made him his ham sandwich that he wanted. He said he didn't want it. That it would make him s*. I thought "here we go". I asked him if he wanted sweets and he said "no, don't like them". Normally he asks for them all day. He went into his playroom and then I heard him do 'it'. Twice in the kitchen and once in the hall way. Luckily we have a friend staying so he went to my son while I ran upstairs and got my other half out of bed. They dealt with him while I went to the garage to get the mop and bucket. I did manage to clean it up as it was just juice. No smell and no lumps!!! Sorry to be graphic.

About an hour after I was upstairs with my daughter and my son came upstairs and was clinging to my dressing gown. He looked ill. I asked him if he felt s* and he went into the bathroom. He stood at the toilet. I shouted for my other half to come up and I went in my daughters room and shut the door. I could hear him being s* and my other half talking to him.

He had a bought of d* about 1.30 pm. That I coped with. Not a problem for me.

It's now nearly 4pm and my son has been crying where he is so hungry so I have given him a slice of dry toast. He has also had boiled water and touch wood he seems okay. Hopefully that is that and this bloody bug is gone.

I feel such a useless mother. I wanted to be able to be with him when he v* but I just can't. I freeze or run. My kids would be better off without me here if I am no good to them.

My other half is home today to cope withour son as I cant do anything for him.

I'm going now as my daughter is crying and it's her dinner time.

I will let you know how I get on with my son tonight.
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

I'm sorry your son got ill. I think you handled it well. You were able to clean it up, even though it was just juice, it was the fact that you were able to do it. It's more than I would be able to do. Think if it that way. Being sick isa temporary thing for kids and the fact that you didn't panic in front of him was a good thing. The last thing you would want to do is show him that v* is a negative. Keep us posted on how you and he are doing. I hope that he feels better.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I am really sorry to hear about your son. I think you have been very brave. It does not matter that you could not be in the same room as your son as your other half was there for him. It makes me sad that you think you are a useless mother. You are definately not useless and your children need you. You can not help having this phobia. I hope your son is soon feeling better and you are o.k.

Karen...you are doing GREAT!!! You handled the situation, as best you could, and everyone else is ok. Your son is being taken care of, you are tending to your daughter. Excellent! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I am so proud of you, not once, inthat post did you mention running away and being alone. You are beating this one small step at a time.

I hope your son feels better, and that this is the end of the sickness at your house!

Let us know how you are and everybody else at your house.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Karen I agree with babygap5, curly wurly and Crystal, you are doing excellent!!!!

I am also so sorry you are going through it. You are handling it well, though!!!

I am totally impressed with how you are managing! Don't beat yourself up, pat yourself on the back. You are getting through this. We are here for you.

\"This too shall pass\"

I hope your son is feeling better....
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

well done !!!

Hello all,

He is sort of back to his normal self today. THANK GOD.

Yesterday afternoon he had his dry toast and last night I cooked him some pasta. He kept that down okay and had no more d*.

He wanted smarties this morning. I told him that they wouldn't agree with him but he kept screaming for them. So, I gave them to him. He ate some and then had to spit them into the bin. I said that he should have listened to me. Then we went to the supermarket. He wanted a milky way. I said that it would make him sick so he walked away from them without moaning.

I want to thank you all for your support and kind words. Where would I be without you all. This sv crap should be over soon. I used to love the winter. Not now, I am dreading next winter.

Thanks again and love to you all

Karen

xxx

There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

I am so glad your little boy is feeling better. Well done, you have coped well.

I'm glad he is feeling better. You should feel proud, you made it through this one. I understand, I hate the winter. Actually, I hate it when the kids go back to school after summer vacation. That's when it starts for me. I love the summer knowing that hundreds of little children are not cooped up together.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Glad your son is feeling better [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] and well done for coping really well. *claps* [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I think you coped terrifically - cleaning up the juice-v* is a big step but you just got right on with it. In no way are you a useless mother - you are a very loving mother who does her very best to care for her children, despite having adebilitating phobia. Don't ever think your children would be better off without you - nothing could be further from the truth. You are afab mum[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by babygap5
    I'm glad he is feeling better. You should feel proud, you made it through this one. I understand, I hate the winter. Actually, I hate it when the kids go back to school after summer vacation. That's when it starts for me. I love the summer knowing that hundreds of little children are not cooped up together.