Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am new to the website as a member, but I found it sometime last year when I first found out that there was an actual name for my problem, let alone that it was an actual phobia.. It was all new to me not too long ago. I decided to make an account today because while I was at work I was bored and remembered the site, and I havent seen it in a while. I realized that this is something I need to join, because there are many times where I am very nervous for feeling nauseated. I have all kinds of different experiences that I could share. Also, I havent even v* in a very long time - about 6 years. So I havent been sick since the 7th grade. I have made myself believe actually that it is impossible for me to be sick because I never let myself and now my body just must be used to it.

I basically fear feeling nauseated because obviously that foreshadows v* but I never actually get sick. I also have a terrible, horrible fear of others being sick - and the worst thing to me is hearing someone being sick. I havent seen much on that so I dont know how others feel but I know that to me thats the worst.... If I ever hear someone being sick (which rarely happens because I ecscape those situations like a pro now) my entire body gets a feeling like I am on a roller coaster, my hands clam up and I breath rapidly. I cannot deal with being around people who are sick, I always feel like if anyone in my home is sick that i am in a quarentine..

I just wanted to give a quick over-view of my personal issues with emetophobia. It effects me constantly. I really have tried to overcome it but I have realized that it is just something that I will always live with, I have been terrified of vomit ever since I can remember.. I go out of my way to avoid situations where people may vomit, like parties, even movies at the theaters.. I think ahead of time, way ahead of time, when it comes to these things. And if it happens suddenly to others around me I go to extremes, even embarassing myself (making it obvious it makes me extremely uncomfortable) in front of others..

Well that was kind of long, but I am new, its what I should do right? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Welcome heartfromthe50's

First of all and fore most, this is NOT something that you will have to live with hun, there are many ways that people and some on here have been cured, go into the treatments thread and have a read at sages story hun

Also welcome to the site its lovely to have you here.

I hope that you find help here and manage to make some friends around here.

Take Care

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the warm welcome
    Actually while I was waiting to see if there were any replies I was browsing other forums on here and noticed you recently made a post about being home alone, I was reading it and was about to reply because I used to have the exact same fear, as I am only a year younger than you - I hated it, bloody hated it. But anyways I noticed you have a livejournal and read a bit of it because I think it is a great idea that users on here put their myspace and livejournal/xanga its a good way to learn about the individuals that you are helping.

so you could say I know you a little</span> now, at least. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

*LoL* Awww thankx hun, well yea I hate being home alone it freaks me out soooo much, It happins every second weekend with me,you would think that I would get used to it but nope still hate it.

and yes it is good to get to know about all us fellow emets,there are some amazing people on here hun,I dont sleep to much so you will find me around here alot lol

x

You know, something tells me that this website and joining and such is the best thing I have come across in awhile.. Because for some reason I already trust you more and feel like for once im not a complete psycho more than I do with my own boyfriend of 2 years, who unfortunatley does not understand my problem and sometimes worsens it. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Welcome!

That is such a shame your boyfriend is not so understanding! I can understand though..because it does all get a bit irrational at times. BUT..you could say to him if it is that easy to be over this problem you certainly would! I mean no one chooses to feel this!!!! A friend of mine thinks I should just get busy...well we would all be really busy round here!!! How simple!

Anyway nice to have you on board! Go easy on yourself, because for sure you are a wonderful person with heaps to give.

Cheers.

Your not a pshyco...I know how your feeling. My husband thinks Im nuts, and my friends just laugh. I fear this everyday! If you ever need to talk, I am here for you.

First of all and fore most, this is NOT something that you will have to live with hun, there are many ways that people and some on here have been cured, go into the treatments thread and have a read at sages story hun

I'd like to see a NEW thread started of the people that have been 100% cured. Thanx, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kutekim1217

I'd like to see a NEW thread started of the people that have been 100% cured. Thanx, Kim

I like to think of it likeyou can go into "remission", but if you aren't careful to keep yourself rid of the phobia once you feel you've banished it then it can come back, like if you let yourself get back into thinking like you did when it was a phobia. I personally don't feel one can be cured in the sense you put it, but that they can get to where like sage it doesn't affect their life or them, but if not watched it could try to creep back. This is just how I see it.

Anyways, I wanted to say welcome!! This is the best place, and I was so glad I found it. It helps immensely to know I'm not alone (and you aren't either!) and I think this board has just helped me to not feel like a freak for having this. You can also post stuff about just about anything to do with emet (or even off topic stuff) and not have to fear people going "what the hey?" like those who don't have this phobia would do. I am glad you found us!

Welcome to the site! You will always have back-up when you need it, and nothing you post will sound crazy to us, because we all know how you feel!!!

Welcome to the site

Welcome!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I think everything that I would say has already been said, so just welcome! Feel free to ask for help anytime.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Welcome from me too! You've come to the right place for sure!

Love Kimmy x[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

hi welcome,

sometimes my boyfriend thinks i have panick attacks due to anxiety, for attention. he does believeme that i have a genuine fear of v* but thinks i play on it a bit, which i dont! he was really good to begin with but now he is fed up with it.