Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: What cleaning products kill noro? I have the answer

Sage, I must have completely skipped over the Clorox advertisement that says alcohol based sanitizers kill it! Where in the world did they get that information?? You pretty much can't rely on ANYTHING you read these days. I don't even bother with hand sanitizer anymore. I just wash the crap out of my hands whenever I can. I believe that's the ONLY thing that can keep you healthy. I do wonder, also, why straight bleach takes five minutes to kill noro, while the wipes are supposed to only take one minute. I wonder if we could write to Clorox and ask for where they obtained their information. I thought stuff like this was regulated. Seems like a little false advertising, and I know companies get in trouble for it ALL the time

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    Sage, I must have completely skipped over the Clorox advertisement that says alcohol based sanitizers kill it! Where in the world did they get that information?? You pretty much can't rely on ANYTHING you read these days. I don't even bother with hand sanitizer anymore. I just wash the crap out of my hands whenever I can. I believe that's the ONLY thing that can keep you healthy. I do wonder, also, why straight bleach takes five minutes to kill noro, while the wipes are supposed to only take one minute. I wonder if we could write to Clorox and ask for where they obtained their information. I thought stuff like this was regulated. Seems like a little false advertising, and I know companies get in trouble for it ALL the time
    Where did you read that bleach takes 5 minutes to kill Noro?

Ok here is what I have been told by Clorox. The Clorox Clean Up with Bleach spray (green label) you buy in the store, like Walmart, Target etc does NOT kill noro. Their commercial version of it DOES kill noro (looks like it has a blue label and sometimes says germicidal on the label) I guess its just a higher concentration of bleach. I was told by clorox you should be able to find this product at hardware stores like home depot, lowes, menards etc. I haven't looked yet though.
    They also informed me when mixing your own bleach solution, its good for 24 hours.
    I also emailed Lysol and their disinfectant spray DOES kill noro, of course they made sure to say "when used as directed on the bottle" lol

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Where did you read that bleach takes 5 minutes to kill Noro?
    Click the link in the OP's post. On the second page where it gives the products that kill noro, it says bleach takes five minutes.
    This same advertisement says alcohol kills it too...

I think companies are very clever with the way they word things. It says "alcohol based hand sanitizers containing at least 62% alcohol are also EFFECTIVE" Effective. Meaning it has an effect. Doesn't necessarily mean it kills it.