Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sorry to be gross!

But I have REALLY bad wind... what on earth could this be? It just worries me more than normal because I also feel n*. I came off my period sort of today/yesterday, but never really had this.

It's uncomfortable and I really want to eat a little cake and have a cup of tea.

It doesn't help that my boyfriend had d* very briefly this morning... panicking!

Default Re: Sorry to be gross!

This ALWAYS works for me so why don't you give this a go? - Get on your hands and knees and assume a position as if you're looking for something under a chair. (Your butt should be up in the air). Relax your lower abdomen and wait. You'd be amazed. If that particular position doesn't work for you, try laying on your back and rub your stomach (or wherever it is you feel the trapped wind) and rotate your hand in a counter-clockwise motion. That should relieve the gas. I also hear peppermint helps, you could try that too? Another thing you could try is going for a walk somewhere to loosen yourself up so-to-speak. Fail all that, try taking a tablet to relieve the gas. (I use Gas-X). Feel better soon!
    "One day your life will flash before you. Make sure it's worth watching."

Gas is all a product of what you eat...did ya eat beef or fiberous foods?

thanks for the stretching technique too

Thanks for your quick responses. Even more gross is I don't seem to have trouble 'passing wind' as such...! I'm sorry I feel disgusting, lol!

Tonight I had a nice pie with fresh vegetables. Last night I had roast dinner at the in laws. It seems to be in the evenings it's coming for the past couple of days. It makes my tummy so uncomfortable but I keep getting all confused with the nausea and getting worked up.

We all do it! It seems to be a common symptom with us! (I have absolutely NO IDEA why).

Hmm, it could be the vegetables? Just a wild guess but that's what it sounds like to me. Get on your hands and knees, haha!
    "One day your life will flash before you. Make sure it's worth watching."

Could be anxiety. With Emetophobes, some of us are hypersensitive with our gastric tract. The slight pressure in your stomach may create a feeling of false nausea, or you may feel it, the nausea, more than others. I suggest eating less fiber and eating less starch.

I find myself having terrrible indigestion these days...It seems to take hours for that "full" feeling to leave me. I try not to get myself scared that I'm going to get sick or anything....it just makes the feeling ten times worse. With this indigestion though, I sometimes can't tell the difference if its gonna turn into nausesa or something....its so weird.

Sometimes all you need is a really good burp and you are good as new again....hope you are feeling better now...

Thanks everyone for the replies! It's been going on for a few days now (3 possibly) so I'm putting it down to IBS being on the high.

I've been quite stressed recrntly (insomnia, moving house, family issues) so putting it down to my gut being a little upset. Went to the health food store today though and got my hands on some peppermint capsules.

Erica- on a separate note, I can't burp! Honestly! Neither my mum nor I are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies! It's been going on for a few days now (3 possibly) so I'm putting it down to IBS being on the high.

I've been quite stressed recrntly (insomnia, moving house, family issues) so putting it down to my gut being a little upset. Went to the health food store today though and got my hands on some peppermint capsules.

Erica- on a separate note, I can't burp! Honestly! Neither my mum nor I are able to.
    Me neither! I think it's because I subconsciously associate it with v*.......

Interesting theory Bex! Do you think burping is a mind over matter thing then? Never thought of it like that! I hiccup A LOT though.