Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy do you understand my situation?... please read

hey,
    So ive been dealing with emetophobia all my life, ive had it since birth, ive never know a life without it, i worry about being s* everyday of my life, im litrallly pertrified i will be s*, but because i have had it all my life it seems nomal to spend everyday scared of it, i dont understand how people dont even think about s*, i know they dont but i think about it constatly and it effects my life so much and because ive had it all my life and dont know life without it, it makes it harder for me to overcome it. But in the past couple of moths its got worse, i cant seem to get control of it all, i cant eat propaply because im worried that everything i eat will give me food poisioning, i cant sleep, im worried i willl catch something, im always on edge when i leave the house, i dont like public transport and i find it very hard to eat in resturants and the list goes on...
    i also feel alone with it because people who dont have a phobia dont really understand, esephially that its about s*
    does anybody else have a similar thing?

Default Re: do you understand my situation?... please read

Hello Lelliottxx,

Reading most of the posts on this website, you will see that most, if not all of us can relate to what you are saying and going through. Some people are at different stages, some better, some worse, but we all understand how debilitating this phobia can be. I am only new to writing post on this site myself, but connecting with others and trying to learn from them really helps me. I wish I could say something to you to reduce your anxiety, but I can say you are not alone. Write more post and respond to others and maybe that you will help you with the feeling of isolation as it has helped me. I hope this bad patch you’re having starts to ease for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hollybree View Post
    Hello Lelliottxx,

Reading most of the posts on this website, you will see that most, if not all of us can relate to what you are saying and going through. Some people are at different stages, some better, some worse, but we all understand how debilitating this phobia can be. I am only new to writing post on this site myself, but connecting with others and trying to learn from them really helps me. I wish I could say something to you to reduce your anxiety, but I can say you are not alone. Write more post and respond to others and maybe that you will help you with the feeling of isolation as it has helped me. I hope this bad patch you’re having starts to ease for you soon.

hey hollybree,
    thank you, i understand that most people on this site will undersdtand my situatuion and are probably at diffrent stages, its a phobia that can be really life controlling at times, but im hoping that connecting with other people on this website will like you said help me not feel so alone with it, thanks
    laura.

i've had this since i was 8......i'm 58 now........so i know exactly how you feel.

my advice to you is you have got to push yourself.......everyday.......and after you do remember that you made it through and were not sick.........everyday add something new to your list of "things i did even when i felt n and didn't get sick".........i'm sure it will be a really long list.......we always think "this is it" and 99.9 percent of the time it "isn't it".

just push.........it's not easy.......but just do it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We all feel the same and we all have good days and bad. People don't understand things like this but then again wait until you see someone who comes across a spider when they are scared - the only difference is that they can shut it away whilst you cannot. You will find ways to pull yourself through it though