Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Norovirus in the house..

I'm sure your folks have cleaned the house since you left - especially since they know you have been gone all this time just to avoid getting sick. Most likely even if he isn't the cleanest person, your dad has had at least a couple of good hot showers in the meantime. There is a good chance he did not have noro, but something else. Regardless, I think it is safe to eat and live at home. You are highly unlikely to get sick from the dog. Besides, I'm sure you wash your hands between playing with him and eating. I wouldn't bother getting special food. Just clean and properly prepare the food in the house. If you are worried about your parent's cleanliness, just buy a bottle of bleach and some gloves and clean away when you get home.

Default Re: Norovirus in the house..

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    I'm sure your folks have cleaned the house since you left - especially since they know you have been gone all this time just to avoid getting sick. Most likely even if he isn't the cleanest person, your dad has had at least a couple of good hot showers in the meantime. There is a good chance he did not have noro, but something else. Regardless, I think it is safe to eat and live at home. You are highly unlikely to get sick from the dog. Besides, I'm sure you wash your hands between playing with him and eating. I wouldn't bother getting special food. Just clean and properly prepare the food in the house. If you are worried about your parent's cleanliness, just buy a bottle of bleach and some gloves and clean away when you get home.
    Its a worry because they say norovirus can live up to 2 weeks on door handles... and can also be in faeces fire2 weeks. so that's what worries me. but I will take it advice I will prepare my own food but clean as I go along. thanks Grace