Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: influenza A

Hybrid View

Default Re: influenza A

Id been under the impression that there were 2 different illnesses really knocking people out locally, one being the dreaded noro & the other being flu. My boss & his son were really ill with what I thought was influenza & another colleague had also been off for a couple of days 2 wks ago with noro then last week he was ill again with a mix of v* d* & flu like symptoms. I then discover my boss who was ill for over 10 days had this same mix of d* v* & flu!!! What the hell is going on. Im in the UK & we're in the midst of one of the worse norovirus outbreaks we have had in recent years. But this seems to be some new mutated mix of the 2. I got the flu jab last saturday after a third co-worker came down with flu (just flu). Im hoping Im not too late & that it will at least give me some extra protection. I work in a small business with a workforce of 8 and so far at least 3 have been really ill recently & back in October 2 others came down with noro. I feel like Im a ticking timebomb!!!!

Default Re: influenza A

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Id been under the impression that there were 2 different illnesses really knocking people out locally, one being the dreaded noro & the other being flu. My boss & his son were really ill with what I thought was influenza & another colleague had also been off for a couple of days 2 wks ago with noro then last week he was ill again with a mix of v* d* & flu like symptoms. I then discover my boss who was ill for over 10 days had this same mix of d* v* & flu!!! What the hell is going on. Im in the UK & we're in the midst of one of the worse norovirus outbreaks we have had in recent years. But this seems to be some new mutated mix of the 2. I got the flu jab last saturday after a third co-worker came down with flu (just flu). Im hoping Im not too late & that it will at least give me some extra protection. I work in a small business with a workforce of 8 and so far at least 3 have been really ill recently & back in October 2 others came down with noro. I feel like Im a ticking timebomb!!!!
    yeah it's been one of the worst seasons ive seen for the flu & noro. the entire month of december myself and my family were ill. ear infection, noro then upper respiratory. i said in october it was going to be bad and i guess i was right. im just getting concerned as this influenza A strain is really bad and has made the news twice in the past two days. i know it's not hype as i was in the ER with my daughter last sunday and there were 50+ people there with it and had to wear surgical masks.