Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: influenza A

Hybrid View

Default Re: influenza A

I read an article on NBCNEWS.com today and it did not mention v... or d... at all. Influenza cycles every year. Not everyone gets the flu. Hand washing is also the best flue prevention.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-cdc-says?lite

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    I read an article on NBCNEWS.com today and it did not mention v... or d... at all. Influenza cycles every year. Not everyone gets the flu. Hand washing is also the best flue prevention.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-cdc-says?lite
    influenza is airborne. handwashing is best for noro.

CDC advises hand washing against the flu also. You never know what it around you, so a good hand washing habit is always good to have.

I rarely get the flu. I may have had it 3 times in 42 years. Some just do not get it.

I do not get much into probiotics or vitamins, but is there something out there that helps prevent the flu???

Hope your family stays well.

Some people v... easier than others no matter what the illness. Most people do not v... with the flu. It is always possible to v... with the flu. Who knows what some of the people that the responders know had. Whatever you would call it, it does not sound like fun. Emets who do not like to v... should probably be able to prevent v... by doing what they would do if they get noro.

Both of you are getting yourselves worked up. Try to relax. If is flu and noro season. Both are hitting areas hard. Try to relax and not focus your energy on either one. Emets mind can sometimes become fixated on a subject and that subject will circle in the mind for hours if you let it. The past couple weeks have been hard where I am. I have had coworkers out with illness. I kept hearing stories about people with a house full of sick people over Christmas. I understand. I had to fight the thoughts to go to work and not hibernate. I was fighting feeling of afraid to be near people in case someone would v.... These thoughts can take over your mind if you let them.

Cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze, try to stay clear of people that are sick, wash hands, eat healthy, get plenty of rest. Does anything else work suck as Vit C, Encinchiua (however you spell it), emergen C, airborne, garlic, or zinc?????

Again I hope that both you and your families stay well throughout this long season.
    Last edited by Cynna; 01-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.