Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: When you burp and v comes up

Here's a philosophical (and gross) question for you then: if I appear to vomit, ie I retch and forcibly eject stuff through my oesophagus and mouth, but there are no intestinal contents, only mashed up food, is that considered vomiting?

Just wondered because this often happens to me from severe pain.

Also, if you do the burpy thing but it does taste of vomit rather than food, does that mean it is vomit?

Default Re: When you burp and v comes up

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca85 View Post
    Here's a philosophical (and gross) question for you then: if I appear to vomit, ie I retch and forcibly eject stuff through my oesophagus and mouth, but there are no intestinal contents, only mashed up food, is that considered vomiting?

Just wondered because this often happens to me from severe pain.

Also, if you do the burpy thing but it does taste of vomit rather than food, does that mean it is vomit?
    Rebecca: Vomiting is expelling stomach contents directly through your mouth without them stopping in your throat. This is true whether or not there is matter from the small intestine in it. Doing the burpy thing is not vomiting no matter what it tastes like.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.