Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: About the Forum Upgrade, New Look, and Path Forward

I like barbiegirls idea.

Personally, I feel as if we have ignored this troll/psycho for a good while and nothing has changed. Just the sheer existance of this site fuels her fire. I know in reality ignoring them makes them go away and get bored but that has yet to happen. How long was Paisely a member for? She/it has many approches. I know there can be something done to filter the board without restricting anything crucial. I also like the idea of having more than a handful (or less) of mods. There are really only actively two and with a forum this active it should be more moderated.

Yes I forgot to say I agree with barbiegirls post too - is there a way that mobiles can be used? I think it's a great idea as at most there would only really be a few phones any one person could get their hands on to create new accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    I like barbiegirls idea.

Personally, I feel as if we have ignored this troll/psycho for a good while and nothing has changed. Just the sheer existance of this site fuels her fire. I know in reality ignoring them makes them go away and get bored but that has yet to happen. How long was Paisely a member for? She/it has many approches. I know there can be something done to filter the board without restricting anything crucial. I also like the idea of having more than a handful (or less) of mods. There are really only actively two and with a forum this active it should be more moderated.
    I agree with Michelle. We have tried countless times to ignore whoever this is and it's not worked in the least. The troll is even still a member of this site now under a username that hasn't been detected yet. She admitted it herself (although how valid her story is I couldn't tell you). I was also going to bring up the point that having only a few moderators on a site that has truly grown a large amount should be changed. I feel that there should be at the very least, five mods. It has been said multiple times by the mods that they often don't have a chance to read every message they receive so maybe if they could appoint a couple of more members as mods and see if that helps to ensure that nobody's messages, complaints or suggestions get accidentally looked over. That being said, the moderators chosen to step on board need to be fair and as non-judgmental as possible.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-