Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Please please help

I would agree, you're probably fine, but just try and distract yourself. It sounds really stupid but if I feel really bad I walk in a fixed route round and round in the same direction over and over until I feel better. Sometimes the walking itself means you burn off the calories if the feeling is fullness and sometimes the focus on walking and the repetitiveness means you're distracted from the feeling. It may look odd to people around you, but it's worth a try and has helped me many nights at uni when I've felt ill. Otherwise I can recommend simultaneously listening to music or having the TV on so you can listen to the words. Good luck!

Default Re: Please please help

Quote Originally Posted by ellenlen23 View Post
    I would agree, you're probably fine, but just try and distract yourself. It sounds really stupid but if I feel really bad I walk in a fixed route round and round in the same direction over and over until I feel better. Sometimes the walking itself means you burn off the calories if the feeling is fullness and sometimes the focus on walking and the repetitiveness means you're distracted from the feeling. It may look odd to people around you, but it's worth a try and has helped me many nights at uni when I've felt ill. Otherwise I can recommend simultaneously listening to music or having the TV on so you can listen to the words. Good luck!
    I do this, actually. one night when I was feeling particularly bad and nervous I walked circles around my livingroom for HOURS, because every time I stopped the nerves came back. Eventually I wore myself out and whatever I was feeling off about went away! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one!