Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do WetOnes kill the norovirus?

Hi there!

I have a lot of WetOnes. My question is do they kill the Norovirus? It says on the back they only have 0.3% of the chemical that is in them (I do not know the name of the chemical). So, my question is do they kill the Norovirus?
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Do WetOnes kill the norovirus?

If they have benzalkonium chloride or another similar benzy-something chloride in then yes they do.

.3% is .30% which is more than enough.

I think its only US wet-ones that contain it, the last time i checked UK wet-ones didn't.

Is 0.3% the same as 30%? Because that is what it contains 0.3% of benzalkonium chloride.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:

Quote Originally Posted by BenBHartnett View Post
    Is 0.3% the same as 30%? Because that is what it contains 0.3% of benzalkonium chloride.
    no 30% is like 30.00% and .3% is like 00.30%, i think the amount you need is only about 00.13% so the amount in the wet wipes is almost 3 times the required amount.

I contacted them last year and they responded they don't kill viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by mela View Post
    I contacted them last year and they responded they don't kill viruses.
    I'm in the UK and our wet-ones are different to yours, but i have just had a look on the USA wet-ones website and the antibacterial ones contain 0.30% of benzethonium chloride which does kill the noroviruses

Wet ones website http://www.wetones.com/Faqs.aspx

Sage's website with info on Benzalkonium/Benzethonium Chloride http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html