Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you think we should have a panic forum on IES?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 65.31%
  • No

17 34.69%

Thread: Panic Forum

Hybrid View

Default Re: Panic Forum

I voted no. To "steal" iNurturetheOdd's idea from another thread, I think panic posts should be allowed to be posted anywhere but have a P: in the title much like people do with off topic posts by putting an OT:... That way people are warned and at that point they can choose if they want to read them or not.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Default Re: Panic Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake x View Post
    I voted no. To "steal" iNurturetheOdd's idea from another thread, I think panic posts should be allowed to be posted anywhere but have a P: in the title much like people do with off topic posts by putting an OT:... That way people are warned and at that point they can choose if they want to read them or not.
    GREAT IDEA!!!! Love it sure let's put a P in front of the post, again as long as they don't get ignored. I do think that if you can't control yourself to not read a panic post then what can we do, it's not our responsiblity to sheild them, if I'm having a panicky day and I can't read a panic post I can always tell by the title which are and I just don't read them period.

Still amazing idea! and I will start on it, if I need to post a panic thread I will put a P

also Jen06 - no one on here said you can't write out the words, I never saw any rules saying not to, if you are making a post and you want to sure go for it. I use the abbreviations out of respect and it's different cause you can choose not to read a panic post but on this site since it is what we are dealing with most posts even positive may have a few words like v* or whatever in them and therefore even a non-panicky post could upset those who can't read or type the word.

I agree though If someone can't type the word then don't use v* if someone can an wants to then type it there are not rules saying otherwise. Plus I also use the abbreivations just to be fast

Honestly though Jen06 it's a totally different issue cause even non panic posts could have those words in them, let's keep on the topic of a panic forum or not, introducing another debate might not be a good idea
    Last edited by stefanie; 03-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.