Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Women

I have to share this story.

Last night I wanted Kraft Dinner because not much sounds appetizing right now andat the time KD did. So I ate it, and about 2 minutes after I finished it, I NEVER wanted to see it again!! Everytime I think about it, I want to gag.

Pregnancy is so strange!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pregnancy will do that to you. There is still somethings even still I don't want to smell or eat because of the morning sickness I experienced. And yes that is true.. not all bellybuttons will pop out.

By the term 'morning sickness' does this actually mean being s*? I'm so scared about getting pregnant when I'm older... My main concern is all the v*??? Is this true? Morning sickness annddd being sick whilst giving birth... yet to be honest, it all sounds pretty worth it in the end... Love to get some answers from people who share the same phbia as me.. Thanx xxx

i do hate the way that my smelling changes...one day i will love the smell of something and the next day i cant stand it...so strange!! oh well not to much longer!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Hey i wanted to say congrats to alll the preggos! good luck and be strong ladies!

Myself honestly i could never see myself pregnant and i am nearly 26 and still dont really have that urg to have kids.. honestly i am scared of kids and well my husband .. he just doesnt like them and he never wants to have any plus all his guy freinds that have kids dont help they tell him all the awful things and to rethink it and blah blah blah.. and you know yes i do not wanna have kids right now but to say never??? i have talked to him about it but he is uncomfortable and so we agreed the only way we would actaully conceive is by "accident"

maybe when that day comes.. i may have to "accidently forget" to take my pills or take antiboitics or something i dunno he is younger than me though.. maybe it will change.. doubt it though

sorry to rain on everyones parade!

congrats ladies!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Ok a little update. Currently 35 weeks along and had an OB appointment today. I am already 50% effaced and 1cm dilated. I am excited about that!! I know I will have this baby early, nurse thinks so too. On a bad note have mild pre-eclampsia. I was told to rest all weekend and come back on Monday. They will probably start seeing me twice a week. So looks like it that doesn't get any better might have to be induced early. Guess we will see. I had bood work done and will know the results tomorrow I hope so I will keep you all updated.

Amber

If your pre-eclampsia gets bad enough, they will probally induce you. I had that with my first and my last. Giving birth is the only cure for the pre-eclampsia.

Hey guys, what pre-eclampsia?

Amber, I hope all goes well for you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kelly-

-Preeclampsia is a disorder of pregnancy that is characterized by hypertension (high blood pressure) and proteinuria (excessive protein in the urine); often including edema (swelling) and occasionally involving thrombocytopenia (low platelets) or liver function abnormalities.

-Preeclampsia complicates 5 to 7 percent of pregnancies in otherwise healthy patients. Preeclampsia (toxemia in pregnancy) is characterized by increasing blood pressure, headaches, the presence of albumin (a blood protein) in the urine, and edema (accumulation of water) in the lower extremities.

-A person with mild preeclampsia may feel perfectly well. Therefore, it is important to attend all prenatal checkups to spot this condition early. The symptoms of severe preeclampsia, which can develop during the last weeks of pregnancy are headaches, blurred vision, intolerance for bright light, nausea and vomiting, and salt and water retention. It may progress to eclampsia, the symptoms of which are convulsions (seizures) and sometimes unconsciousness.

sorry to hear about the pre eclampsia. How are you feeling in yourself? Have you chosen a name yet?
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

OMG, that's not good. I hope you are well Amber!!

Its not a good thing to have but fairly common. Anything can change in the 3rd trimester. You get tested for other thinks. You also get the strep B test but I am guessing that came out ok for me because I never got a call back from the nurse. Hale- Im really not feeling all that great. The nurse pretty much wanted me to rest all weekend until my Monday appointment...so pretty much bedrest if you ask me. I am having a lot more anxiety, lots of discomfort, not sleeping well, and etc. I believe I am having a lot more contractions because I have had lots of pain in my stomach as well. Just so hard to tell what is what. Also this week my doctor wants me to start lowering my meds which I know will really effect me. That is all I want to be even more panicy when I go into labor. I will try my best to go down on it but I do NOT plan on going off completely. I have faith that my baby will be just fine when born. I am on Effexor and will be alternating 150mg one day and 75mg. the next for a week. We will see how that goes. My anxiety is bad enough already so we will see. Guess this is just the waiting game period. I will be sure to update you all after my appointment on Monday....then I believe I have another on Friday. They are keeping a close eye on me and seeing me twice a week. Thanks for all your great vibes!!

Amber

wishing you well for the last weeks you have left

Ok Ladies, I am 5 weeks preggers today! I am terrified of V* ! I am so scared that any minute now I am going to! I knew there was a chance of this by getting pregnant, but you know the Hubby put the pressure on and somedays I was excited , then the next day my fear of V* would kick in. Well too late to turn back now!!! I have always been like this, but it has intensified, since finding out I was pregnant! I'M SCARED TO DEATH !!! Any help, tips, or advice would help ease my troubled mind!

Congratulations brklynn!!! Welcome to the club!!! First off good for you for getting pregnant and not letting your fear keep you from something so wonderful. As for MS...every women is different in how they feel. Some get it bad, some get it mild, and some hardly feel sick at all. You just never know. I wouldn't worry much about actually v*. You are emet and you have a very strong stomach. It has been said over and over that it is very "rare" for an emet to vomit. I felt like I could soooo many times through out mine but as bad as it got I never did. Now in the 3rd trimester the sickness is back but still hanging in there.Wait and see if you experience MS and if you do there is plenty of great tips you can use that I would be happy to give you. Try to relax as of now!!

Amber

Thanks Amber! I didn't think anybody would understand! Have you gotten over the fear,orhow do you cope? I just worry about it all the time (literally all the time)! I still doubt getting pregnant! I hate feeling thatway!I'm ready for those tips to help prepare myself! Goodluck in your 3rd trimester, I wished i was about to hit my 2nd trimester (7 more weeks)!Thanks again!

Brooke

Hey Brooke, congratulations!!

I know exactly how you feel, I am 6 weeks and a few days pregnant, and MS is pretty much all I can think about. There are alot of tips you can find in books and websites. This is a website that a friend of mine sent to me. http://www.moondragon.org/obgyn/preg...ingsickness.ht ml

I found itsomewhat helpful.

If you buy a pregnancy book, they give alot of info on preventing MS. I have "Your Pregnancy Week By Week".

I have those anti-nausea wrist bands, I have Preggie Pops, and I have tons of snacks all over the house. Don't let your stomach get empty, even if you don't feel hungry. I find that starchy foods help me when I feel n*.

I hope this will help you a little bit, I know it seems like forever until these 13 weeks are up!! There are a lot of people on this sitehere to help you if you need it!!

Thanks Kelly! I am going to need a lot of help and encouragement throughout the next several weeks, well I guess the next 8 months! I am really freaking out. I will check out the website. I have my anti-nausea wristbands on as I type! I'm gonna have to check out the Preggie Pops! By the way, Congratulations to you also. Here's to feeling great throughout our pregnancy. Just curious but what is your EDD? Mine is 05/28/2007

~Brooke~

Hey Brooke, I know what you mean about needing lots of support during this. I know this has been done before by many women, but I'm absolutetly terrified. But I hear that it's all worth it in the end![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

My EDD is May 17.

This is another website that I forgot to post yesterday that might be helpful to you as well.

http://www.birth.com.au/classmenu.asp

Well just another update. Saw my OB again and no progress as far as dilation and effacement. Still 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I am having lots of swelling, blood pressure still pretty high and still protein in urine. I think most likely the doctor will induce me at 38 weeks. I am 36 weeks as of now. That is two weeks away!!! Nervous but very excited. I sure would like to go early. Starting to get more and more nervous about labor though, let me tell you....so uncomfortable and ready for my baby girl. How are all of you ladies doing?

Amber

hello everyone!! just wanted to see how everyone was doing...hope all is well for each and every one of you!! i know amber is ready to go..i think you should shoot for 10/10 that would be kind of neat...my due date is now 11/1 and that means i could go on halloween...and i dont want that!! LOL...
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

so i have my doctors appt on monday..going to do some fun tests!! i have been doing actually pretty well!! i have been resting a lot so i think that helps...honestly i think my 3rd trimester has been easier than my 2nd was...which i think that is a little odd. but it could be because i was working then and now im not...the only thing i am having a hard time controlling is my nightmares!! they are very scary and disturbing...i have completely stopped all of my meds and i am very grateful for that!! wish me luck in continuing that after Arianna comes!!
    i have classes that start next week and i think that should help brandon and i start seeing and understanding how the life of parenthood is going to be!! but as far as i know as of now im right on schedule!! so i have about 5 wks or so to go!!

PS~MY BABY SHOWER IS TODAY AT 3PM...I AM HOPING THAT IT IS JUST GREAT AND I CAN MAKE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH WITH SO MANY FAMILY MEMBERS IN ONE ROOM!!! LOL I HOPE TO GET PICTURES UP SOON!!! Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Hey Lidia

How was your shower? I can't wait to have one!! Your belly pic is so cute! Good luck in your next 5 weeks, you must be so anxious to get this done and over with so you can meet your baby!

Amber, glad to hear you are doing well. Two weeks will be here in no time!! I wish you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean

Hey Lidia</font>

How was your shower?* I can't wait to have one!!* Your belly pic is so cute!* Good luck in your next 5 weeks, you must be so anxious to get this done and over with so you can meet your baby!* </font>

Amber, glad to hear you are doing well.* Two weeks will be here in no time!!* I wish you all the best!</font>

</font>*

thank you for the compliment on the pic..i took that at 33wks i believe and yes i am very anxious to get it over with and see my beautiful Arianna...also my shower was wonderful..im actually working on getting some pics up right now!! it was chaotic with so many women there...some i didnt even know!! but im happy to have had it and be done with it!! i got so much stuff i just cant believe it!! however all the pics of me turned out horrible so no one will be seeing those..i just am so bloated...i am also very insecure about the weight i have gained.. especially in my face!! but soon enough all of that extra weight will be gone..im happy for that but sad to say goodbye to my belly..ive gotten so use to it now!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Thanks Kellybean. Actually not doing all that well...agh. I am having lots of pressure in my pelvic like she dropped....feels like a big bowling ball down there. I think the pre-eclampsia is getting the best of me right now. So horribly swollen and having bad nausea!!

You guys are bringing back memories...my little one is 11 weeks. I remember how uncomfortable I was.

Hang in there. Your little ones will be here before you know it. AND they grow SO fast! You will be missing your pregnant bellies[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsmom

You guys are bringing back memories...my little one is 11 weeks. I remember how uncomfortable I was.

Hang in there. Your little ones will be here before you know it. AND they grow SO fast! You will be missing your pregnant bellies[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

This is so true! I can't wait to get pregnant again. We're going to try again in 8 months!

Had another appointment today. I am 1cm and 75% effaced now. Had a fetel stress test and it showed I was having contractions... I am really coming along. Also lost my mucous plug the other day!!

Amber

getting so close amber..so do that have a prediction of if they think you may go into labor yourself or if you will still have to be induced?? so did you notice losing your mucous plug?? my doctor told me about it and to be prepared because it could happen within the next few weeks, i was kind of grossed out by hearing about it!! but i guess thats just the least of whats to come!! LOL Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I really feel it is a 50/50. I could go myself and I am sure he would like that but I just don't know. Everything is really coming along. I lost my mucous plug a day or two ago. Not a big deal at all. Have you had an internal done yet to see where you are at? I have to have another fetal stress test Thursday along with a regular doctor visit so I will keep you updated. She will be here soon. I am starting my nesting period!! Got to get that hospital bag done just in case.

Amber