Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Have you ever...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tried alcohol

20 31.75%
  • Been drunk

25 39.68%
  • Or do you abstain?

18 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol

I just wanted to see how many of us drink or have been drunk seeing how we all know what being drunk can lead to?
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

I'm underage anyway but probably I won't drink when I'm older. Not that I'll be in situations where drink is available anyway since at the rate I'm going I'll be sitting in my room for the rest of my life.

i dont quite know which category i wud fitunder... but i put "tried alcohol"

because i dont mind having a glass of this 0.3% wine tht u can get... but will not drink nething else other than that... and certainly never been drunk.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drank from the ageof 16-18yrs when u are not suppose to but it wasn't heavy,maybe 2 malibu and cokes,as i always hated the way it made u feel,then i stopped drinking after my 18th b'day and have never drank since and now i'm nearly 32......I hate the taste and also the possiblity of it making u not feel in control of yourself and feelings if u get too drunk.....Also my father was an acholic and i juts hated the stuff as i've watched it kill my father over the many years......

But i don't have a problem with other people around me drinking!!!!!

vicky

I first tried drinking when I was 17. Didn't do it much, didn't much like it.

The time I got really drunk (the worst drunk ever) was 7 drinks and I started crying and acting all stupid.

I don't want to sound like an alcoholic! lol. I don't drink today, I made a pact with myself to not drink, smoke (never touched a ciggy) or do any sort of drug.

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Well I'm underage but I have tried alcohol before. My parents have always allowed me to have some wine if they have some with their dinner and if I go to a party i normally take some drink with me, nothing strong jus a few small bottles or something.

Ive never ever been drunk, and I dont intend to ever be. No offence to anyone who does like alot of alcohol but I really do not see the point.

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

I don't drink, I am underage. I may have one glass of wine thats it. Although all my friends are underage, a lot of them drink more than wine. I bet when I am older I won't drink at all.

At Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and all those big holidays and special, my parents allow me to drink 1 glass of white wine if I wish. Sometimes I have a few sips, sometimes none...I find it kinda gross...the smell definatly is strong, but the taste okay...

I dont mind ppl drinking around me, as long as its only 1 or 2 glasses...

Ive been drunk once and well... it wasnt nice it made me ill (

So now i never drink at all. I hate it when other people drink around me too incase they go to far and ...you know..

Thats probably one of the hardest things for my boyfriend to put up with because he likes a drink, but i only ever let him have two pints! Poor boyfriend lol But i just cant deal with it yet, so pubs are a no go area for me.
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I've never found a drink I like. Also get put off by what it leads to. Lukily my family and my husband aren't drinkers either.

Although my dad did come to stay with me last year and discraced himself! I had to hide in my bedroom.

Sarah

I'm under age. The only drink I've had is wine at christmas! Some of my friends drink, but only in moderation, not to get drunk which is good! I probably wont drink when I'm older, of maye just have the 1 drink

I've never been a drinker. I tried it when I was underage and found it gross, I've just never liked the taste, so it was easy to not give in to peer pressure then, because what's the point of doing something you don't like? I've never gotten into it, even as an adult, and hate being around drunk people, I have to be extra perceptory around them and it makes me anxious.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

im not legal yet (leff then 15 days till i am)..and have never tasted alcohol in my life and I dont plan to once im legal either.

My husband likes to drink on ocassion and doesnt understand why i have such a fit about it..its not just the V* possibilities its other things..

I dont mind people drinking in moderation..i guess..but I think its rediculos when people get drunk and act like idiots or drink until they V*..my husband says i just dont understand because i have never done it..i dont need to drink to realize that it makes yo feel different..even so..i personally think its stupid (soory to anyone who drinks and finds that offensive).

I have seen to many people and lovedones screw up their lives (and mine at times) because of drinking.

And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I've been allowed alcohol in small amounts for as long as I can remember at family get-togethers, and my parents and grandparents are/were all responsible drinkers, so they brought me up to enjoy and respect the stuff. I never saw a family member get drunk, so I don't associate having a drink with having to get drunk. There are certain drinks I really like (real ale, port and Pimms and lemonade), but I only drink 2 or 3 at most or I start to feel ill. When we go out (friends or family) I tend to be 'Des' (designated driver) as I'm quite happy on orange juice. I have never been drunk, and never will be.

i'm underage, but i still sip some wine on special occaisions! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I didn't try alcohol until I was like 19 or something. I had always had a glass of wine or something on special occasion with my parents, but I didn't start going out to clubs until about 19. I have never v*** from drinking. There have been some close calls. Most recently about a year ago. I find that as I get older (i'll be 29 in nine days), that I can tolerate alcohol less and less. It takes less to get me drunk and it takes less for me to have a hangover the next day. So I pretty much stick to having one drink when we go out.

I am underage as well, and I have had my time with drinking, and drinking too much. But it was all when I was a junior and senior in high school. The only two times I have V*d since I was like 7 years old was from having too much to drink, and I'm not proud of it. I don't drink really anymore. Every once in a blue moon I'll get a craving for beer, and I'll drink one, but that's it. But I drink it because I like the flavor, not the feeling the drink gives. I don't drink a lot because of how it makes me feel... I don't like being out of control of my body.

I used to drink socially, but since my condition as worsen, I will only drink one drink or nothing at all from fear of drinking to much and v*. The last time I did v* was on my 21st birthday. I did 4 shots of vodka and i was v* all night long. It was the single worst experience of my life, and I will never allow myself to ever get that way again.

I've been drunk before and didn't like the way I felt the next day, although "nothing" happend thankfully. I have a couple of drinks on occasion now, but that is it!!

Unfortunately, in college, I drank myself sick several times. I would only drink every couple of months or something, not all the time by any means, butI would do it heavily once in a while and make myself sick. I definitely have a bad phobia of v*, but for some reason the urge to drink with my friends always won out over the fear of being sick, until it was way too late to stop it. I probably got sick from drinking maybe on 5 different occasions.

ich quit that s*** dirrty

I drank some alcohol at the weekends from age 14-18. Then i never drunk, only on my birthday just a little bit!

I hate alcohol, then i feel I lose the "control"....canīt explain....and i hate people who drink so much and they donīt know where there limit is....
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

i used to go clubbing every wknd and get drunk but i was never sick from it i think u should know wen to stop then u wont get sick! getting drunk is pointless but it was fun at the time! i dont really drink that much n e more barely ever actually!

I tried some times( like 5 or 6 ) but never more than 2 glasses....And only that made me sick....So since that, ( the last time i was 16 or 17 i think) I never drank again. I sometimes go out in bars with some friends, but i only drink water. And YES, i'm always afraid to see somebody v* In or outside the bar, it's why i usually quit quite early...... And when i go to parties, when i seee that people start to be drunk, i immediately lerave. I'm good to see who's drunk because i never do anything in parties!!!! Anyway......

And my boyfriend don't drink a lot....He go to drink a beer or two sometimes with some collegues, or when we go out, but it's all....I'm so happy for that.!!!
    I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.

I do fall under the been drunk category but it isn't really a common occurance. Twice was because I didn't realize I was even going to get drunk that fast, once because I was so depressed I wasn't thinking about how I would feel the next day.
    I have only been nauseated twice and sick once (was sick because someone gave me a drink and didn't tell me the proof %)
    I still drink once in a while but not to get drunk, maybe to relax a little or because there are a couple I like the taste of. I tend to sip and not finish.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I've been drunk loads of times! I drank regularly between the ages of 18-21 and although I was never sick, my emet never kicked in the way it does now (in fact on the night before my 21st my friend and I got really drunk and she was sick by the side of my bed - if that happened now, 10 years on, I'd been running up the road to get away from her) Now I drink occasionally and only to be socialable (i.e. when I'm out with friends, but not because I feel pressured to) I last had alcohol a month ago and I drank 3 double malibu &amp; diet cokes - wasn't drunk and felt fine the next morning [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Nikki

i drink most nights, when im drunk i kind of forget about my emet, although i do know my limits and start to panic if i drink over them and dont feel in control!xx

hey guys, i only tend to have about a glass worth of something every couple of weeks, and i have never been drunk, and i also have a hard time being around others that are drinking... oh well i guess they are the breaks!!!

I haven't been drunk but I also react badly when others are drunk. I have some idea why and its not emet. I am getting better at dealing with it though...I think lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I'm underage, but sometimes I'll have a sip out of my parents wine glasses. I gues I'm ok around drinking, but not for more than one glass, really.

i drank before i got emet but my emet kicked in a very short time after that, then i would only drink half an alcho pop, if that, now i wont drink ATALL. Its not just a matter of the emet tho, its become sort of a matter of principle. I vow that u can have a great time without alcohol, so im determined to stand by my decision, emet or no emet!
    xxx