<<<Idon't expect the world to agree with me, but I am entitled to not getting whatever I don't get either. I run deeper than caring about how people dress. That stuff doesn't really bother me. The above stuff does.>>>

SHiva, this made me think. I think to an extent I focus on the superficial to avoid having to focus on the bigger issues. With the work I do, I end up constantly disappointed with the state of humanity on a daily basis. The rampant hypocrisy of some lives being worth more than others, and the lack of compassion that people display unashamed....
<UL>
<LI>People who say that muder is wrong, yet who call for someone's blood if they commit the act, and campaign to get them killed. So, apparently murder is only wrong when committed by certain people- the state, the police, and the military- they are sanctioned to commit this act. The death penalty rationale of "show people who kill people that it's wrong to kill people by killing people" is also lost on me.</LI>
<LI>People who are willing to speak ad nauseum about what the problem is, but aren't willing to be part of the solution.</LI>
<LI>The american news media, especially in relation to their presentation of the current situation in Cuba. Knowing many Cubans, and people who have spent significant time in Cuba, the US presentation of what the Cuban people think and want is very much one-sided. Also, the perceptions of Cubans in America is very different from those who choose to stay in their country.</LI>
<LI>People who complain about the homeless, but don'tdo anything toimprove their situation. God forbid you be put in an uncomfortable situation for a minute while someone asks you for a dollar- meanwhile, you go home to your house and your fridge full of food. And pushing them from one neighbourhoodto another won't change the overarching problem- especially since many homeless people suffer from mental illness. In the 70s and 80s, deinstitutionalization seemed to be a more humansolution-oh, how they were wrong.</LI>
<LI>People who judge others by how they look, what language they speak, or what culture they identify as. For the past few years, it has become acceptable to make comments related to Muslems- especially Muslem women. Just because they choose to wear a hijab, they aren't all subserviant, or believe that their sole purpose is to serve a man.</LI>
<LI>People who complain about something, or put something down, but aren't actually informed on the subject. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you should at least make a point of becoming informed, so that your opinion is based on information, not what you perceive to be reality, or the "truth" of the matter. If people would read/research first, and then open their mouths second, most arguments would be avoided- or at least, they would be arguments based on information, not opinion/emotion.</LI>[/list]

Well.....those are my deep thoughts of the day. Once again, due to what tends to occur on this forum, I have to say that these opinions are my own, and a reflection of what bothers me. There is no need for any real debate (although if you want to discuss something, feel free to PM me), because essentially, no one can tell me what I "should" and "shouldn't" be bothered by.

~ Peace ~

*amber*