Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: trip to the ER

So my three year old fell off her swingset today, and was acting all sleepy right after, and we couldn't get her to wake up, so we called the paramedics, and they strapped her to a brace, and took her to ER.
    It turns out she is okay, and does not have a concussion like they had suspected. Whew! She has a cut inside her lip, from her tooth, and her nose is swollen and a bit scratched, but otherwise, she is fine.
    She is happy now, because she got stickers and a roll of bandage tape from one of the nurses.
    I am still getting over the adrenaline rush. They said with little kids, when they take a good spill like that, sometimes they will fall asleep when the adrenaline wears off, but it could just as easily have been a concussion, so it's good we got her checked out.
    Ahh, the joys of being a parent!

How scary! I'm so glad nothing was seriously wrong with her!!!!

Ooh scary!!!

I know my parents had to deal with many a trip to the doctors after my various falls, the worst being off a bucking horse (because i am a rider). So, I commend you for handling the situation so well!

I hope that your daughter heals very very well, and that things like that will not keep happening. My thoughts are with her for a speedy recovery!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

OOOHH!! Poor baby girl! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Whew---I'm glad she's ok, it definitely could have been worse!

I hope she's enjoying her stickers and bandage tape--that is so cute!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm so glad she's OK! That must've been so scary ... for all of you.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Ouch ! How sad I'm glad she's ok I hope her nose and mouthfeels better.[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]Omg I would have freaked out.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img].

BrittaniEdited by: brittaniray
    Live Each Day as if It\'s Your Last
    ~BRITTANI~

I feel your pain...we had a bad accident the beginning of summer. My son, who is 6, hit his little sister, who is 4 in the forehead with an aluminum bat and she got 3 stitches. That was really scary. She too was really tired after that had happened too. Glad your little one is ok.

What makes the trip even worse was that when I was there, someone came in with a child and the dad had v* all over his shirt. So of course, I started freaking out. I hate ER's!!Edited by: 6pksummer

Aww, i've had my fair share of concussions. Glad to hear she's doing well
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so glad she's okay. It's always so scary with little ones because you don't know what's going on.
    \"This too shall pass\"

oh my that is scary!

I am glad she is ok!.. take her to st joes ER?? i have been there a time or two.. or three or more.. lol.. hope you didnt have to wait forever! and i am glad she is ok!

Take care

Kristin
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Yep she went to St. Joes. The ambulance took her, so we didn't have to wait. She is doing well. Her mouth hurts, so she is not eating as much as usual, but I'm just so glad she escaped without a head injury. Thanks for the replies, everyone![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]