Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My hubby is away at the moment visiting his family. He has just phoned to say that the flights home are all booked until 1st September. I was excepting him to be home on the 25th August. I was cross with him, as he has been away since the end of July. He said his mother is feeling poorly and she said to him to stay until the end of the month. Am i being selfish? I was looking forward to him coming home and i have been counting the days. Am i being over the top? He only gets home to see his family once a year. I dont know what to do now. Please give me your advice.

Thank you

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Of course you miss him, a month is a long very slow time to be away from your husband but if he only see's them once a year and it is going to be for four weeks i suppose four weeks out of a year isn't that much really. I don't blame you for feeling cross that's because you need him too. Maybe he should of sorted it out with you before he left. talked about how long he wanted to stay.

Couldn't you have gone with him ?

Well, i understand your feelings, however, if he only sees them once a year, then maybe you should give him a break and not be mad. It will only cause tension between the two of you...and that's not what you want. I know it seems like along time for him to be away, but he'll be back soon....you'll be fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I can understand why you would be upset. You miss him, and want him home. But getting angry with him may spoil what should be a happy reunion when he returns. Try to talk to him calmly about why you are upset, and you will be more likely to get through to him.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well you have a right to feel a little cross. He isn't out taking an extra few weeks to party, or hanging with the guys he has taken the time to be with his mom and I think he is hoping you will understand.
    You aren't selfish, I know i hate to be away from my husband for any length of time. I ended up distanced from my boyfriend because he would forever cancel trips to be with his parents and didn't understand my bond and friendship with mine to the point I didn't get to see that very often. Needless to say I am not together and I married a man with family values.
    I think if the tables were turned he'd understand (I hope he would) that you needed time with a family member that isn't well especially if its only once a year.
    Take some time to treat yourself. Watch the movies you know he would rather not see, order or make foods you like that maybe he doesn't like, spa trip, pedicure, manicure whatever will help fill in your time.
    Chin up
    The time will fly by.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Sorry your husband is away for longer than you expected. It is no wonder you feel cross, but try not to be annoyed with your husband, just look forward to him being home again. It will be lovely for you all to be together again. I hope you are o.k. and that time passes quickly for you.