Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey so this is very off topic.. and maybe just for those with pets.. or even children i guess...

Does anyone know how to get rid of pet urine smells? I saw something at the pet store.. and I have stuff on tv called urine gone. Anyone tried that? or know anything about it?

I know this is kind of gross but.. i have a puppy right now that i am potty training And i also have a cat that sprays when he urinates so it has gotten on the walls in the corner of the bathroomSo needless to say myloft apartmentis starting to smell not so great because of this. I even have wood floors andI have tried moping it up with cleaner and everything and nothing works. I tried airfreshners.. I tried frebreeze.. and we are moving out of this loft in a two weeks so it cant smell like this!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

hugs

Kristin
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Plain white vinegar can be very helpful at getting rid of smells. Just use it neat where necessary. We used it in our car after my son was travelsick - that's not a smell you want hanging around!! Of course when I say "we", I mean my partner. I don't have anything to do with that kind of cleaning if I can help it!

http://www.kidsnpetsbrand.com/facts.htm
    Check out this product. We had it at the veterinary hospital I worked at. You can get it at some grocery stores in the cleaning aisle. Good luck! I have cats, and I feel your pain. Luckily, none of ours spray, but I have had sprayers in the past. Ick! Have you asked your cat's vet about the spraying?

I used Natures Miracle and it worked pretty well. You should be able to get it at any pet store. It's in white bott;e with red print.

I think there is a particular spray stuff that is specifically for that problem...but i don't know the name of it...sorry. You could ask a vet.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Vinegar does work- I have found that febreze tends to exacerbate the problem. I have also tried the stuff specifically for pet odors, but vinegar did essentially the same thing.

Is your cat fixed? Once neutered, not only do they usually lose the urge to spray, but if they continue, it is definitely less odorous. With our last few cats, we have always got them fixed right at 5 months- before they find out what their reproductive organs are, let alone how to use them, lol. Learned that one the hard way after having cats over the years- the cat spray smell is pretty much one of the most icky and noticeable smells on earth.

If he is fixed....then he is typically male and doesn't have the proper aim, lol.

Have you considered a covered litter box? We found that it really helped to contain everything....and we have less mess to clean overall.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys.. I bought some natural urine odor enzyme today from the pet store.. so im gonna try that out its called petrotech odor eliminator.. we will see how that goes!

As for my cat.. he is male and he IS fixed.. he just likes to spray the walls of his cat litter box and it is a hooded box.. its just i think it leaks down the cracks or something.. i dunno.. i am worried that all these chemicals i have been using is making him sick.. my poor kitty has been sneezing ALL day today and I am a lil worried because he never does this! I hope he is not sick or has a cold or something...

Thanks again... ill let you know how that stuff works out..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

lol.. Fabreeze is nasty... it's good if you just wanna freshen up your house... but DEFINATELY NOT for covering up odors! It's like pee w/ and aftersmell of summer breeze.. [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Just the topic I needed! We've just moved and my cats...are not too happy. They spray when they get stressed, especially on our beds, which makes it worse.

In the past we've used 'Feliway' it's somewhat expensive and just for cats, but it worked for us!