Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone (or has anyone) purchased their college text books from ebay? I am trying to save some money and found some of my books on ebay for just a portion of what I would pay at my school's book store. Anyone have any suggestions for cutting corners with school books?

\"This too shall pass\"

Do it!

I have ordered books online, since they were about 30% cheaper than what was in the school bookstore. I also used to hit up the used bookstores hella-early- even if it was an older edition, nothing much changed. It's a money game- if they change around one chapter, then they can commission a printing of another edition, thus making more people buy it (as god forbid profs and the like have an older edition than what's "au courrant").

I have also been known to get a copy from the library and photocopy the crap out of it- but I prolly shouldn't mention that, as I'm sure it break copywrite laws.....

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beth, it is a good idea to buy books on half.com or Amazon, but do it early, because the demand for textbooks goes sky high the first week of classes, and then Amazon's prices are not much better than at the bookstore. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1

Beth, it is a good idea to buy books on half.com or Amazon, but do it early, because the demand for textbooks goes sky high the first week of classes, and then Amazon's prices are not much better than at the bookstore. Doug

I agree --I order EVERYTHING from Amazon!! I would check there first, you can buy items right away, instead of winning bids.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I've bought books of Amazon before. It does save a lot of money so I reccomend you get them, but when I ordered it came LATE!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I have reallly bad luck when it comes to getting packages on time. But still, I think you should.

~Luna
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II