Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What Is Wrong?

I've been feeling 'off' for the past couple days, but nothing serious. Earlier this evening I felt sort of car sick, but that was almost seven hours ago!

However, I do feel like I'm going to v*. I don't have f*p* because I haven't eaten anything today except for a yogurt, and I do feel hungry! I thought it was that, so I ate a little bit (more yogurt) but that seemed to make things worse. Now I'm feeling hungry again, but I don't want to risk anything.

I don't think it's a s*v* because nothing actually hurts, I just feel as though I'll v* at any minute. But to me, logically, real v* and hunger shouldn't be felt together.

I have to leave to be on a train in less than five hours and I can't sleep! Every time I try my n* get worse (anxiety, I think).

Any insight is appreciated.

I've had that combination feeling of nausea and hunger. Don't worry. Hunger is always a good sign to us emets! Do you possibly have any sinus or allergy problems that might be causing postnasal drip? I know that sometimes gives me the combination feeling.

I don't think so. It's been over 12 hours and I STILL feel like I'm going to t*u*, but also like my stomach is eating itself (with hunger).

Thanks for the reassurance, though.

I have had that feeling, but the less you eat the more acid your stomach is producing, which will make you much more N* because stomach acid - in an empty stomach - will aggravate your feeling. Eating yogurt is okay, but the dairy productscould make it worse becauseit's "heavy" on the stomach. So avoid dairy products right now - yogurt, milk, cream, butter-- NO!Yogurt is good if you have diarrhea as it restores the natural balance (and this is normal) of bacteria in your intestines, but if you are queasy, it isn't good. Try having simple foods like chicken broth (totally plain), some boiled or plain steamed white rice, plain, unbuttered toast, light juices like Apple juice, but not OJ - the acid in it will kill your stomach.Eat lightly and SLOWLY. If you feel full, stop.

Breathe and center yourself - YOU WILL BE FINE. Don't focus on the feeling (I know we emets do this), but try to distract yourself...shift your focus and think about happy, good, dumb, fun things - not the N* or V* words. I have done this my entire life and it helps.

Thank you so much, that sounds like amazing advice!