Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but if you go somewhere with a friend and they offer to pay for something, it's their treat right? A week later they shouldn't be asking you to pay them back right? And then like if they buy you something and you repeatedly say "are you sure this is okay? You don't have to pay for this, really I'll be fine, are you sure" and they say, "Oh it's no problem I have lots of money" then later should they be asking for that money back? I'm just confused and I'd like to know if anyone else thinks I'm right. I mean I offered to pay for crap when I was visiting but my friend kept saying, "No your my guest" now she's asking for money? WTF?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I'm a paralegal, so I view things like this as a contract. Nowhere in the "contract" did you two agrre that you would pay her back, right? The "verbal contract" was that she'd pay, and you don't worry about it. She even had the opportunity to change her mind and back out when you said, "....you don't have to pay for this....". So, I would just say, nicely, that the reason you told her she didn't have to buy you anything was because you knew you wouldn't be able to pay her back (or whatever the reason was). How weird, that she's doing this![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah I know! She knows that I don't have random amounts of money to pull out of my butt to give to her! I told her a million times that I would pay for stuff and she didn't listen to me! Now she's going back on that. You're so right! Thank you!

~Monica

Yeah it sounds like she shouldn't be asking you for the money back if she said "yeah its fine I'll pay", even especially after you asked "are you sure its okay?" I mean thats just silly for her to ask for it back now.

Quote Originally Posted by samara's on tv

Yeah I know! She knows that I don't have random amounts of money to pull out of my butt to give to her! I told her a million times that I would pay for stuff and she didn't listen to me! Now she's going back on that. You're so right! Thank you!

~Monica

Wouldn't it be nice though?...To be able to pick random amounts of money out of your butt? I's constantly be picking at my a**!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

LoL!! Yes California girl I would love to pull random amounts of money out of my butt! I talked to another friend of mine and he said that in some places even when people offer to buy you things they really mean that you should pay them back later...but the way I was raised that's not true. She's arguing over an amount of 20 dollars...20 DOLLARS? I'm so annoyed.

~Monica

You should not have to pay !!! It's like if someone asked you out to lunch, but you end up paying the bill thats so not right, because that person invited you. So she saidI'll take care of it, you said are you sure? she said no problem. So there you go you should not pay. Take care !!!

xo~Brittani~ox
    Live Each Day as if It\'s Your Last
    ~BRITTANI~

I have never heard of anyone doing this before. If someone offers to treat you while you are out together, then it's a gift. There was no agreement that you would pay her back, so I don't think it's right of her to be demanding $ now.

Wow, that's crazy! I just spent the weekend with my friend and she offered to pay for lunch, and drive around to shop and things like that. I stayed at her house, she made breakfast one day, and had appetizers when I got there. She never asked for money back or anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's just rude. It's one thing if you're out and see something you like but don't have the $ on you and she said well I will buy it you can pay me back when you can ... THAT is a loan but "hey don't worry about it, I got it.' uh that's what friends do lol it's called "treating" someone to something. Good grief. Sorry she's being so petty. Have you asked her why now? Why she didn't say "ok but pay me back later" AT THE TIME!?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I know she never said, "Pay me back later" a few times I said I'd pay her back later but that was twice and the money to pay her back for THOSE things was already sent. She's asking for 20 more...GRRRR...I'm just so frustrated!

~Monica