Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IUD’s?

kay guys, i'm going to PP thursday & i am thinking really hard about requesting an IUD...i really am thinking it's my best case scenario...do any of you ladies have one & do you like it? a lot of the stuff i've read online says most gyno's try their hardest to sway you in another direction, but to keep trying til they agree (if i want it for MY body i don't see why they would disagree as long as it didn't pose any health risks)

i know it's expensive...i'm interested in hearing yay or nay's from people who actually have one...

anyone?

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

alls i know is my hubby was an iud baby and they could possibly make you more likely to get infections.
    what i wanted to say though is that they brought the today sponge back on the market recently, have you thought of using something along those lines?

\"This too shall pass\"

Hey Bethany,

I had one for 10 years. The reason why the doctors try and sway you away is because your body will try and reject it if you havent given birth. I have never had a child, and my bod tried REALLY hard to reject it the whole time I had it in. That resulted in cramps so bad that I would almost faint, it was not fun. But I am allergic to latex and am very sensitive to hormones. So to me it was worth it. My friend who has a baby had one, and didnt have any side effects at all. So who knows. Its just a hard one to try out for a little while, because you have to get it removed by a doctor if you change your mind. By the way, I didnt get any n* with it because I dont tend to get n* with pain.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

--Kim

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    alls i know is my hubby was an iud baby and they could possibly make you more likely to get infections.
    what i wanted to say though is that they brought the today sponge back on the market recently, have you thought of using something along those lines?

i looked at the sponge the other day; i'm thinking about trying it...i'm going to go into PP & talk about the different options & everything, i just would like something i don't have to WORRY about all the time. the IUD is reported to be over 99% effective & it lasts up to 10 years...more than pays for itself, etc. i'm not as worried about PID or infections because i don't really think i want kids (i don't want to be SICK or anything, it's just that the leading effect of that would be infertility)

i don't know, i at least have a while to decide because i just started my period & my boyfriend won't touch me while i'm on it. which drives me crazy. anyways...i know there's lots of options like the ring, i just have no insurance & can't afford most of them.

~ bethany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got a Mirena IUD about 4 years ago and I love it...now. It took awhile to
    get through the cramping and sporadic bleeding. But, I was patient and it
    paid off. I have 2 kids and it was the best alternative for me with the
    problems that I have had with cysts and endometriosis. I no longer have
    a period to speak of...maybe every few months, I'll spot for a couple of
    days. I don't have luck with hormones in my blood stream, so this was a
    perfect solution for me.

You have lots of options out there, now. Good luck choosing the one that
    works best for you!
    Julie

I'm an IUD baby as well. good thing my parents were ready, lol.

go for it, but I would always havea backup plan. Most doctors won't fit them to women who haven't had a baby before. I'm thinking that why I was born...
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Does Mirena affect your sex drive? I am looking at it as a future option for bc after I have kids. But the pill and ring negatively affected me in that area severely. Right now, we are just avoiding my fertile time and using the "pull and pray" method. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Not the safest, but worth it to not be completely crazy on the pill.

What sex drive? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Just kidding! I didn't have much of one to begin
    with...mostly because of other things. (A tilted uterus can cause comfort
    problems...sorry if TMI!!!) But, I must say, that I don't seem to be as
    affected with the IUD in that area as I was with the pill. So, I think that it
    is a great option. However, all of you IUD babies are making me a tad
    nervous. My doctor says that it is a different type of IUD than years
    ago...I just hope that it continues to work!!!
    Julie

i'm going in tomorrow armed with buckets of info on IUD's & the ring which seem like my best options at this point...phew! this is way too much work, it's my body & i think i should be able to protect it the way i see fit with the exception of serious health risks...

~ bethany

Good luck!

--Kim