Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: colonoscopy.

my moms getting a colonoscopy and on monday she will start. she has to drnk this gross stuff and its suppose to make you feel awful. there is a very high chance that she will v* a lot. which makes me really nervous. just the fact that i can't catch it from her, is a lot better. im still nervous and not sure how im gonna be able to handle it. my mom is my safety net, ifi don't feel good or my anxiety is bad..i go to her. im not going to be able to, becuase she will be the problem. aahh!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Who says that there is a high chance that she will vomit a lot? This is totally not true- I know several people who have had this done, both emet and non-emet, and only one that I know of has gotten sick, only because the liquid she had to drink grossed her out.

If she is, by chance, sick, use this as an opportunity. Ask her if she needs anything, and make sure she is comfortable. Try to concern yourself with how she is feeling, as opposed to worrying about your own anxiety. You know you won't catch anything-if you start to worry think of that.

Goodluck on Monday!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just took my mom for her colonoscopy last thursday. She had to drink all that stuff and she did not v***. She said it is totally gross but she didn't get s**. So please don't worry. Everything will be just fine.

I had a colonoscopy about a week ago. The stuff you have to drink isn't great - but it didn't come close to making me sick. I really think she'll be fine. Try not to worry about it too much.

My mom had to have that a couple of months ago...the only thing that happened to her was that it made her feel really cold, and it didn't taste great. There isn't a high chance of v*ing from that at all! You shouldn't worry, it will be fine.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I had that done too, the drink was fine, never once felt like v....just so full from drinking so much....she'll be fine..Good luck.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

my stepfather too had this done and did not v* just alot of d* to clear out his system and yes he said it was gross but never was sick from it.. i too was supposed to get one of these...

I am sure she will be fine and just remember if she was to get s*** it has nothing to do with a sv that sometimes helps me alot.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

i've had it done & i don't even remember feeling n* at all. i can't say it tastes good (it was supposed to be lemon-ginger flavored but all i could taste was salty-nastiness) but it never made me feel sick.

no worries at all, she'll be fine. just tell her to hang out near the bathroom because it makes you have something close to d* since it's cleaning you out. but you don't even feel sick from that...i'm sorry if this is gross to anyone but basically you just feel like you're peeing. the only annoyance about it was because i was up/down/up/down all night once it started working. it's easier to just hang out near the bathroom with a good book or something so you don't have to keep getting up all night. let us know how you're doing!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::