Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: LEXAPRO HELP!

ok so i'm about to start taking lexapro tonight but before i do i just wanted to know if anyone has tried it and if so, have you had any side effects from it?! i looked on the website and it had a list of the most common side effects and low and behold, one of them was nausea so now i'm TERRIFIED to start taking it. i heard it was supposed to be one of the better drugs out there with the fewest side effects but still, its a possibility i might get one. i just want to know how anyone else has tolerated the drug so that i'm a little more calm before i decide to take it. thanks for the help!

~lauren

Hi Lauren,

I'm taking Celexa, which is almost the same as Lexapro - Lexapro is newer I think, and it's supposed to have fewer side effects than Celexa. And when I started Celexa, I had some weird tingling in my limbs and abdomen, and abad headache, and was very tired, and a little nauseous, but the nauseadidn't last very long and it wasn't that bad at all. You can do it! Can you stay with someone you are close to and you trust and who knows about your emet, for a day or so after you take the first one? That's what I did and it really helped calm me down. Good luck!

Hey Lauren.. well i cant offer to much help due to the fact that i saw the same side affects and pretty much refused to take it.. even though i had talked to some of my freinds that took it and said it caused them no n* .. so who knows.. i know take remeron due to my emetophobia.. cuz remeron is for the same thing but there is no n* or tummy side effects.. its nice..

let us know what you decide and how things go
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

well i decided NOT to take it again last night. I've had the medication for almost 2 months and have been afraid to start it. I was really ready last night until i started having stomach cramps and d*, and i decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to try it when i was already feeling down. So hopefully tonight i will be able to start the medicine. i just hope the benefits outweigh the side effects. hopefully we will soon find out. thank you for all your help!

Hi!

I take Celexa--have for a few years now. It never gave me any side effects at all.

well i started the lexapro last night. it started off for the first hour i was alright. than i fell asleep and woke up feeling wide awake and my mind was going out of control. i thought this stuff was supposed to STOP you from thinking so much, not encourage it! well needless to say i couldn't sleep AT ALL. i felt a little nauseas but i think its because it caused me such bad dry mouth that i kept trying to swallow and i was full of air. now it's morning and i have a headache and feel a little stupid from the medicine. wow, hopefully these side effects will wear off soon or i'm not taking this anymore. thanks for the reply's.

I do remember feeling somewhat spacey...and like a zombie while i took it only for 2 days i think...but i am certain, that if you hang in there, those symptoms will go away. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids to prevent the dry mouth....good luck!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yes I hope your symptoms go away soon! Good job for starting it, I know it's hard.

well its been about 15 hours since i've first taken lexapro and i still don't feel right. i took an anti-emet because my stomach has been off all day. now to top it off my daughter just came down with a cold and i'm paranoid about that because i never know what it's going to lead to. i'm completely freaking out and wish i hadn't started this medicine because i could definitely go for a xanax right about now and i don't think you're allowed to mix those medications. what should i do? do i stop taking the lexapro so that i can take a xanax whenever i REALLY start freaking out, or do i keep taking it, side effects and all, and hope that it eventually helps me? i'm so confused..

You can talk Xanax with Lexapro.

Hi. Don't worry....Lexapro cannot affect you that fast. I think it is anxiety. I am on Lexapro after switching from Celexa and I have no effects. I don't think I am taking enough because I still feel depressed. Keep taking it and take with food. But you know how your mind can play havoc with your body!!! Take care...</font>

someone allready said it ... but you can take xanax with anti depressants.. i took it with every anti depressants i have taken.. infact my doctor said she rather me take the xanex rather then the anti emet because over time there can be neurological side affects.. i dont know if that was to scare me or what.. i dont think it actually worked .. but who knows!

Hope you feel better.. i found that by the second or third day of taking a new medication the side affects start to go away.. hang in there
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain