Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I was at the grocery store today and there was this mom with her two kids. Everyone was dressed very nicely. While in the store she acted like a model mother. Sweet, patient, understanding of how kids are. She looked around her and watched people adore her children. I followed her out (not on purpose, she was just in front of me through much of my trip) and saw that she had a very expensive, brand new suv. She stopped her cart in the back of the suv and began to open the back and unload her groceries. I was parked 2 cars down from her. I was putting my groceries in my trunk at the same time. I have no idea what her little boy did. He looked about 7. Suddenly she jerked him by the arm and said to him "You need to shut the f*** up you piece of s***. I can't stand the sight of you today. You little brat-asshole" and then wopped him one upside the head- hard.

I felt sooo bad for that little boy. It made me think because while we were in the store I was thinking things like... I wish I could bring my daughter and let her pick whatever she wanted. I wish I could afford clothes like that for Jade. What a good mommy. Then as we proceeded toward the parking lot and I saw her car, I was jealous again. I pictured her having this perfect little life with a wonderful husband, beautiful home... yadda yadda. And suddenly when she thought no one was looking she turned into this freaking monster. Those poor kids. That must be so hard to understand as a child. Public eye mommy is nice as hell, but the second we get into the parking lot there is hell to pay? I wonder what life is like at home for them.

I drove away appreciating more than ever the kind of mom I am. I realized that although the goal is to one day have plenty of cash flow, I can be a great mom without it. I could not imagine doing that to my kid.

I just thought it was interesting and wondered if any one else could relate to the situation.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Shiva that is so sad. I feel so bad for that little boy. It really bothers me when parents are horribly 2 faced like this, the kid grows up wondering why is mom like some monster with me when we are at home alone, or alone anywhere, but when there are people there she acts like "I am a perfect mother, you all take note". Talk about hipocrasy. My own mom was something like this, she would transform into another person around others, and be awful at home. Its just real sad.

You totally have it right....how horrible for those children!

I have a story that sort of relates. When i was in the fourth grade my
    teacher whom i adored was out for a few days and we had a
    substitute. In the morning we would have kind of a homeroom type
    of circle time and since there was a substitute the directer of the
    school was there to help out. I can't quite remember the womans
    name but as fourth graders we somehow found a way to turn her
    name into a fart joke...

anywho she seemed really nice and cheerful and sweet until the
    directer left....she called students stupid, was really mean about one
    of my friend's pictures for black history month and hit a boy becuase
    he was a little too roudy.

It is just disgusting how some people act. Fortunatly enough people
    complained and she was fired a week later...gotta love karma!
    ~viva~

That sounds like abuse to me. Did you get her license plate number? I have zero tolerance for abusers. They should be locked away and have the key thrown away. Or just shot on sight. Bastards. How can people do that to innocent children???? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is just awful. I have seen scenes like this is parking lots before, although not quite as bad as this one. Those poor children. I probally would have gotten her tag number and called child services.

You know, there is no substitue for love. I don't think anyone should feel bad for not being able to get their kids the latest new thing or w/e. When my sister and I grew up my mum was a single mum living on very little money, we were quite poor. Not horribly so but we never had the latest toys or clothes. My sister and I talk about it now and you know what? We never realised we had no money! We were always loved, my mum was always spending time with us and taking us out to the park, we were very loved and I know my sister and I never felt deprived.

Having nice clothes doesn't make you a nice person. That woman is a biatch and if you have her numberplate I'd report her. No kid needs to be called those things.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Well, I learned a loooonng time ago that reporting these people gets nothing done. We had neighbors once that were terrible to their kids. I'm talking, 2 year old running around a parking lot alone, locked out of the house while the mother was napping. I gave the kids food because the mom would not open the door when they pounded on it. I called cps all the time as did many of the other neighbors. Nothing was ever done about it. Just another couple of examples of what is terribly wrong with this country. Ugh... It makes me sad, though. I know that I have a slightly different public vs private personality to some extent, but this was freaking jeckle and hyde.
    \"This too shall pass\"

That's EXACTLY how I grew up. Not so much with my mom as with my dad. See he had a high position in a very important company here in Cleveland and he had to keep good in the public eye. Everything was always like, "Think of your father....what do you think that'll make him look like...we don't want people to think we're bad parents etc..." It got worse as I got older, they would play the PERFECT couple when we were at school meetings, family functions, business parties, and such but AS SOON as we got in the car, all hell broke loose. It really screwed me up as you can see. So when I see things like that I always feel like I should go over and yell at the mom or dad doing it. I just don't.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Monica,

That must have sucked. Are you still expected to live up to some 'public eye' expectation today as an adult? Or, did your parents stop expecting this of you as you grew older? Does your dad still act differently in public than at home? I am just curious. I will not mind at all if you tell me to go to hell and it's none of my business
    \"This too shall pass\"

No I'll tell you I don't care. My dad just got a job at TRI-C, a high position. Before that he was the VP at Youngstown State University. That was back when I was still living with him. I made a mistake, a big mistake back them, and he got blamed for it. Even though I said to him 20 million times that I would go to the press and tell them that I did it he wouldn't let me, but on the other hand he kept on rubbing it in my face. My mom was all over me, "How do you think this makes your father look?" Blah Blah Blah. I was lucky no one beat me over it.

When I would visit his office he would be all nice to me, and he never told anyone about the mistake I made, but I STILL get yelled at because of it. "Remember when you did[blank] and I suffered from it?" He's SOOOOO Professional when he talks to my therapist orsocial worker, but get me in a room alone withhim and he can't stress enough how much of a loser I am. Yes it's gotten A LOT better since I've moved out but it still hasn't stopped.

I guess now that I don't live with him, he doesn't worry about what I do...exceptI know if tomorrow I were to get arrested the TRI-C news paper would have a headline saying "BLANK BLANK'S Daughter arrested for BLANK" Then I would get in trouble for ruining him.

I think that this behavior of him being perfect to anyone on the outside looking in is called "Schizo-genic Behavior" or at least that's what a therapist told me once. The easiest way to describe "Schizo-genicBehavior" is this. In one hand he holds a cookie out to me but with the other he slaps me...does that make any sense?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I think we should just turn her over our knees and take turns spanking the hell out of her and see how she likes it. F***ing B***h. I'm all steamed. Time for a public whoopin'! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.