Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stupid??..

Ok this is really silly, but i really worry about germs and if im like on my pc and i touch the keyboard and stuff, then my hand touches my top i have to change it because im going to get germs on it??..is that possible, because my mum keeps telling me off for putting so many clothes on and off..[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]thanks

Ruth x

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think I understand, as I have a big fear of germs, too, and it has been quite bad at times. I hesitate to call it silly, because I know exactly how you feel. I think it is definitely excessive, though, and I'm sure you know this, too. Have you looked into getting some treatment for this? Sorry, if this makes no sense, I am running late for work.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Take care.

You willdefinitely notbe effected in any way by touching your keyboard, mouse etcand then your clothes.Remember also our bodies are built to deal with a certain amount of germs.

Would it make you feel better giving the keyboard a quick wipe weekly with anti-bacterial wipes? I usually incorporate this, as well as wiping the telephone handsets in my weekly polishing!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey thanks for the replies. Thanks for the ideas and advice, i've told myself not to change my top as i was on my pc then my hand brushed against my shirt and normally i change it, but my mum said you can't get germs that way, so im trying to block it out of my head. Thanks again for the replies.

Ruth x[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I lysol stuff 2x a week at this time of year. I don't know if it is the best thing to do; but 'tis the season to be s*, especially since school starts today.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Your mom is right - you can't get "germs" that way. "Germs" is sort of a generic word, but I imagine you're most worried about noroviruses - and they absolutely are not transmitted that way. Your clothing is perfectly safe unless someone literally poops on it or throws up on it. Nothing could possibly be transferred from your keyboard.

A mild bleach solution (1 tbsp in a litre of water) and sprayed on a cloth, then used to clean your keyboard is better than Lysol or anything else on the market which claims to kill "germs" but only kills bacteria and not viruses.

Take care!

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hey, thank you very much[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]!! i won't change everytime my hand brushes against my clothes, its becoming a bit to much lol, thank you for your reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!