Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know that a lot of you have pets so I thought it would be cool to share funny stories you have about them or funny things they do that you can't explain.

Okay here's a story me and my sister STILL laugh about. It's a TINY bit gross but the funny cancles out the gross. So one day the cat, Rupert, was meowing A LOT and my sister and I couldn't figure out what he wanted. So he was just whining and carrying on and bugging me and my sister. My sister tried feeding him, playing with him, petting him, everything and he just wouldn't calm down. Finally my sister just sat down on the couch with me and ignored him and he stopped meowing after another minute. A few moments later my sister got up to get something to drink and she found that Rupert had pooped on the floor! He was meowing because the cat door (Which leads into the basement where his litter box is) was blocked and the basement door was closed, so he was meowing to get us to open it, but we were so obliviou we didn't. LoL!

Also our dog Smokey is really weird, if you hug someone in front of him he barks and tries to jump in the middle of the hug. He goes especially crazy if my dad hugs someone. If I hit my sister, or even pretend to hit my sister, the dog goes absolutely nuts. And if you pretend to smack yourself and say, "OW SMOKEY! OW!" he goes nuts. It's funny!

Anyone else have any stories?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

one day i came home & found my baby python Colby, had escaped from his cage. they're notorious escape artists so i wouldn't have freaked out except i was living with my sister & she had 3 cats! i tore my entire room apart because they like small, quiet corners...i literally trashed my room before i finallycalled my boyfriend bawling thatcolby got out & the cats had eaten him. he left work, came over, looked in my room & found him 5 minutes later curled up sleeping in the joist of the table his cage was on.

actually...it really wasn't funny at the time, because i was petrified he was dead but eric loves to tell people about how my makeup was smeared & mylower lip was quivering when i opened the door to let him in.

also, the second time he got out, i found him mushed in bewteen his cage & the wall. he looked a little confused about why he was there but not pleased when i returned him to his aquarium, hahahah.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

We have a pet bunny and she is so cute when we let her run around the living room. She'll sit there and then hop straight into the air like she's on a springboard, and kick out her back legs to the side like "yeehaaw!!" and she'll tear around the livingroom she is so funny when she does that!

Another good story, me and my husband were out visiting my dad one weekend (we drive out there every weekend), and had a loaf of bread in its wrapper on the counter. Well, my husband was making sandwiches, and went to do something, then turned around and the bread was gone! He asked me if I did anything with it, and he's like "I KNOW we have bread, where is it!?" Then it struck me what may have happened, and I laughed and went out and looked in the dog house (my dad has 2 dogs), and sure enough there was Rusty with the whole bread loaf chowing down!

Lol I love animal stories!

My mom's dog is like your dog, Monica. He's a beagle who's been spoiled rotten since birth, and now won't even let my mom and her husband hug! Little brat!

I have a cat, Pumpkin, who thinks he's a dog. He kept breaking outside the house, when we tried to keep him as an indoor cat. Eventually, we gave up and just let him outside when he wants. Anyway, when I come home from work, sometimes Pumpkin is in the parking lot, waiting for me. He follows me upstairs all the way to our apartment, just like a little dog! He drinks out of the toilet like a dog. He even sticks his tongue out like a dog (not panting--he just sticks it out and it hangs there!). Silly kitty! And he likes his belly rubbed like a dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww, I have a pet bunny too! I don't really have any funny stories, but I think it is so weird when ya end up with a pet that acts just like you! I am a total ocd case, I arrange my home the way I want it and if someone touches something- I know it. If I clean her cageand re-arange things, she puts everything back the way SHE wants it. And whenever I'm upset, she'll start thumping-which in bunny language means that something is wrong or dangerous. Then, I'll have to pick her up and cuddle her and tell her everything is gonna be okay or she'll just keep on thumping.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I have a really clever cat! I was playing tennis in the back garden, hitting the ball off a wall. I hit it too hard and it bounced onto the flat roof of next doors garage which was too high for me to reach. My cat had been watching me play and he climbed up onto a bin then onto the roof and knocked it down with his paw!! He is so cute!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

GREAT STORIES!!!!!

Ihave two funny things to share:

I have 2 chihuahua's, Lucy, who we've had for 2 years, and Ethel (as in I Love Lucy pals), who we've had for a few weeks.

Well, we were worried that Lucy and Ethel wouldn't get along, and would fight alot. We were right, for a couple of weeks, they fought (females!), so we figured they'd get used to each other evenyually. Oh, they did, alright! Now they have decided that they're REALLY good friends! They are both girls, and they "hump" each other. It's funny, but gets kinda gross.

A few weeks back, Lucy (who sometimes eats her poop when I don't clean her box fast enough), decided that I was lacking on her poop clean-up. She decided to remind me at 3:00 am one morning. I was sleeping, and felt something plop down on my neck. I woke up, and saw Lucy, all 5 pounds of her, standing on my chest, looking down at me. She dropped a poop on my neck! It was funny, because in all my emet-ness glory, I ran to the bathroom and scrubbed my neck and all surrounding areas w/anti-bacterial soap! For such a tiny dog, she sure looked big hovering over me that morning!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Californiagirl said: "I was sleeping, and felt something plop down on my neck. I woke up, and saw Lucy, all 5 pounds of her, standing on my chest, looking down at me..." ****Oh my God-that is sooo funny!Probably not at the time though! THat is wierd(the humping) rabbits do that too as a sign of dominance.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by swiftette

Californiagirl said: "I was sleeping, and felt something plop down on my neck. I woke up, and saw Lucy, all 5 pounds of her, standing on my chest, looking down at me..." ****Oh my God-that is sooo funny!Probably not at the time though! THat is wierd(the humping) rabbits do that too as a sign of dominance.

How funny---so Lucy and Ethel are trying to "boss" each other, like show each other who's the boss? Is it a territorial thing? UGH--Lucy is in heat right now too. Do you think this may stop once she's out of heat?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

A few years ago when we had Sydney. our chocolate lab, she did a few things there were funny. First of all she made these weird noises when she was excited or scared. It's hard to explain what they sounded like but people thought it was so funny.

Also, this is something I loved about her, she was very dominant over her territory and other dogs coming on our lawn. She wasn't a huge dog, maybe 60 pounds. She was skinny too. But man if another dog came onto our lawn she would pin then down until I pulled her away. Some friends of ours had a Doberman named Dixie. She was HUGE compared to Sydney. They would take her on walks sometimes and bring her to our house and let her run around inside. Sydney, did not like this, she made it very clear where Dixie was allowed to go and what she was allowed to do.

Sydney passed away about 4 years ago, and I miss her dearly but being the fanatic that I was about her, I have tons of pictures of her that I keep around and videos of her too. She was my baby and I still love her to death even though she isn't around...that's not too weird is it?

~Monica

I love this thead!
    I don't really have many funny pet stories but just this afternoon as I
    was doing my homework my dog oscar walked into our kitchen and
    started licking the floor and I thought he saw me. So to let him know
    that i was watching him steal a snack i cleared my throat and he
    jumped up and ran into the living room quite frightened to be with my
    mom. I didn't think he would be so surprised but he had that *sigh i
    wish you hadn't just done that* look on his face.
    ~viva~

I have a story, but I think it might be too gross to post.

lets just say our new puppy, Sam,likes to recycle some of his meals. over and over again. Its just about the grossest thing Ive ever seen, especially when he comes up and gives you a huge slobbery kiss later on. But Its pretty funny, we try and stop him, but he seems to think its the greatest idea ever.

he also likes to grab shoes, blankets, underwear, etc, from off the floor, bed, or whereverand run with it like a mad man. Its great when your trying to get dressed in the morning, kind of like your morning exercise. He gets this look on his face like he's playing this grand prank on you and enjoying every minute of it.

our cat, loverboy, also thinks he's a dog. He sleeps with our dog, will meet us in our car in the driveway, he's an awesome cat.

gotta love animals.

californiagirl, that story almost made me fall off my chair... haha payback is a b*tch, eh?

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

californiagirl, that story almost made me fall off my chair... haha payback is a b*tch, eh?

Yeh, she paid me back alright! Let's me know when I'm lackinng in my janitorial duties. After all, she IS the Queen!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey Babydoll, my parents' dog likes to "recycle" his food too. I remember this time I was home alone with him and he ralphed. I was freaking out cause I didn't want to have to clean it up. So I went outside to have a cigarette and when I came back he was standing where the stuff was and licking his lips. Long story short I didn't have to clean anything up! I was happy to say the least. LoL!

~Monica

yesterday id just filled up a nice warm bath for myself and was in my bedroom when i heard a big splash followed by MEOOOOW MEOOOOW so ilook out my door to see one of my cats go flying past absolutely sopping wet leaving a flood of water behind him as he shot off down the hallway. the poor thing must have been exploring (hes only a kitten still, 7 months old and a new addition to our household). the poor thing was so confused and kept shaking his feet and meowing.
    Angles

Hey California girl, maybe your dogs need to head out to Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Sanctuary. Hee hee. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] (you know what I'm talking about, right?) That's too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by HDogg

Hey California girl, maybe your dogs need to head out to Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Sanctuary. Hee hee. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] (you know what I'm talking about, right?) That's too funny!

yeh no kidding!!LOL -I hope this is just a "confused" phase for them!! I have absolutely nothing against gay PEOPLE, but my 2 female dogs humping in front of me?? EEEWWWWWW, they need to stop![img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl

I have 2 chihuahua's, Lucy, who we've had for 2 years, and Ethel (as in I Love Lucy pals), who we've had for a few weeks.

Well, we were worried that Lucy and Ethel wouldn't get along, and would fight alot. We were right, for a couple of weeks, they fought (females!), so we figured they'd get used to each other evenyually. Oh, they did, alright! Now they have decided that they're REALLY good friends! They are both girls, and they "hump" each other. It's funny, but gets kinda gross.

I definitely think this is a display of dominance - the dog that mounts the other wanting to show who's boss. It's more unusual amongst females, but by all means not rare!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I love animal stories! I have a few funny stories about my pet rats and the way they would love to steal things - little cleptomaniacs they are! I'd be doing something like writing and if they were on their free range timeand I put the pen down for one minute it would be gone. I used to go to light a candle and it had disappeared - do they ever like candles! I'd frequently find stashes behind furniture, the biggest one I found had a (very large) baking potato (however they managed to haul that from the kitchen veg rack is beyond me), three tealight candles, a bead necklace, a packet of cough sweets, a marker pen, my fiance's plectrum and tissues.

Another funny incident was when my rather fattus rattus, Ralph, who absolutely lived for food was given a treat - we were having Chinese for dinner so I put some noodles in the cage for my ratties. Ralph was the first there, grabbed a handful and then in his haste slipped down the ladder and ended up on his back. Well he was so desparate to get stuck in to those noodles he just lay there on his back, his big fat belly in the air chowing down on those noodles. It's funny enough watching rats eat noodles (and spaghetti) but seeing that was hilarious. He used to be my fiance's drinking partner too and would trot over and beg for beer, he'dhead back to the cage when he'd hadsome to his cagemate Maisy and you could almost see the look of disgust on her face, lol, as if she was there waiting to moan at him for staying out drinking again!

- Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by tcsarah

I love animal stories! I have a few funny stories about my pet rats and the way they would love to steal things - little cleptomaniacs they are! I'd be doing something like writing and if they were on their free range timeand I put the pen down for one minute it would be gone. I used to go to light a candle and it had disappeared - do they ever like candles! I'd frequently find stashes behind furniture, the biggest one I found had a (very large) baking potato (however they managed to haul that from the kitchen veg rack is beyond me), three tealight candles, a bead necklace, a packet of cough sweets, a marker pen, my fiance's plectrum and tissues.

Another funny incident was when my rather fattus rattus, Ralph, who absolutely lived for food was given a treat - we were having Chinese for dinner so I put some noodles in the cage for my ratties. Ralph was the first there, grabbed a handful and then in his haste slipped down the ladder and ended up on his back. Well he was so desparate to get stuck in to those noodles he just lay there on his back, his big fat belly in the air chowing down on those noodles. It's funny enough watching rats eat noodles (and spaghetti) but seeing that was hilarious. He used to be my fiance's drinking partner too and would trot over and beg for beer, he'dhead back to the cage when he'd hadsome to his cagemate Maisy and you could almost see the look of disgust on her face, lol, as if she was there waiting to moan at him for staying out drinking again!

That's soooo cute!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yes those rat stories were SO CUTE!! I love rats they RULE! I wanted one while I was growing up my mom hated them so there was no way. I remember there were some cockatoos in the science lab when I was in 5th grade and they would repeat things after you said it like a million times. So I was bored and I was sitting with them for a little while so I started to meow like a cat. Back then I did a very convincing impression of a cat. So I kept meowing at them and to my surprise one of the birds meowed back at me. LoL! He kept doing it for a few days but then stopped eventually. The science teacher thought it was hilarious.

~Monica

Marbles, our completely obese persian X, loves bobby-pins and the caps from pop bottles. He loves them so much that he launches stealth-likeattacks by which he can get hold of them and take off with them in his mouth. It's not that unusual for you to just be sitting on the couch minding your business having a drinkand see an orange paw slowly reach up from underneath the coffee tables and feel around until he finds the cap and knocks if off.

We of course have to warn people to check their shoes before they leave, as when he is done playing with them, he likes to return them to you....of course to where you will find them.

This is also where I found him two days ago- I had recently gone to visit some family, and haven't unpacked yet. Marbles decided to pack himself, so I won't forget him next time I go somewhere.

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/483_marblesbag.JPG[/img]

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

OMG! That cat is so funny! He totally has that look on his face like, "You are sooooo taking me with you!" He's the king of the castle, isn't he? Cute as hell, but rules the roost with an iron fist, lol!

Hahaha- Heather, he likes to think he is king, but our 10 year old female cat bosses him around like it's her job. Marbles tries to get his way by being cute and affectionate.....Mysti will hiss and growl and threaten, haha.

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/Z84_marbsmystshoes.JPG[/img]

Check out this tableau. Marbles decided to clear all the shoes of a shelf of one of our shoe racks to take a nap....then Mysti snuck around the corner and smacked him upside the head (this happened about a second after this picture was taken).

Poor little dude- he isn't the brightest cat in the world, so when this happens he just looks confused. And then goes back for more.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

That sounds like the dog we had (we had to give her away b/c we had to sell our house). The cat, Pumpkin *thought* he ruled the roost, but the dog would give him heck. But Pumpkin always came back for more--like he liked the abuse or something. What a weirdo! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

OOOOOO THOSE PICS ARE SO CUTE!

We used to have this cat named Mickey and he wasn't the nicest cat in the world but he would sleep in the weirdest places. Like we had this basket sitting on one of the tables and he was a BIG cat but he curled up in the basket and fell asleep. It was funny because he was all curled up and nearly falling out of the basket, but he was sound asleep.

THen there is Rupert, who likes to fall asleep on the VERY edge of the chair or couch. He'll fall asleep and then, in his sleep, roll over, and fall to the floor. Then he gets up, shakes himself off and looks at us like, "I meant to do that." LoL! Cats are so great!

~Monica

We had a cat named Mickey, too! A big white one. The only thing funny I can think of that he did was meow to come in (he was an outside/inside cat) and you could tell when he was meowing with his mouth full (of mouse!)! If you let him in then, he'd drop the mouse and play with it! He never killed them, just played with them!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Talking cats, one of my friend's cats is so funny when he eats. He absolutely will not eat straight from the bowl with his mouth, but dips his paws in the meat and then eats the meat off his paws!My friend's othercat makes me laugh too as he absolutely loves mushrooms - give him a choice ofsalmon, prawns orother yummy stuff you'd expect cats to loveand mushrooms win hands down!

- Japanese proverb

MY BABIES: Lucy and Ethel

[img]uploads/images/californiagirl/15E_scan0007.jpg[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

my cat fiesty she loves the taste of mint. some of my face cleaners have a minty scent & she'll start to lick my face after i use them.

[img]uploads/images/stephiewephie05/AEE_HPIM0072.JPG[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"