Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pregnant??

Hello All...

I have been freaking out lately wondering if I am pregnant. I am 4 days late on my period right now. I am NEVER late. I took a home pregnancy test last night and it came out negative but I also drank 5 glasses of water to make myself pee. I feel really scared right now, but excited at the same time. How long should I wait to retest??
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Oooh how excitin for you! I have never taken a pregnancy test before but i heard that drinking a lot of water can dilute your urine and affect the results! Good luck, let us know how you go! x x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've never been pregnant, but I have always heard for the best results to take the test first thing in the morning that way the hormone is more detectable. Also, missminty is right, drinking a lot of water can dilute it making the results not as accurate. A lot of women that are pregnant sometimes don't get a positive result until a few weeks after. IfI were youI would wait a couple more days and then retest first thing in the morning. Hope that helps! Good luck!!
    ~Mandi~

yes first thing in the morning is the best time to do it .... any time from the day of your period is fine !!! let us know what happens [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

With my second son, I did a pregnancy test which came out negative. After a week, my period still hadn't started so I did another test - still negative. A few days later, I bought another. This time it was positive!!

Do the test first thing in the morning. Your urine has the highest concentration of pregnancy hormones then. Good luck and keep us posted!

Do you have any other early pregnancy symptoms? Sore boobs, queasy--something that feels different than regular PMS symptoms? Take another test first thing tomorrow morning and let us know! I hope the results are what you are hoping for! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I guess that I am still at the "oh s***" stage right now as this was definately NOT planned!! I am going to take another test in a few days on Sunday, so I will keep you guys updated...I am freaking out though right now!!!

Hey Silver!
    Even if you are prengant, and I know your fears about being a good mom, I bet you will be a great mom. Just the fact that you know your weak points and are aware of them are like half the battle, and also knowing what you don't want to do to your kids that your parents may have done to you. You can see those things, and so its highly unlikely that you'll impart that onto your children.

Take first thing in the morning...don't make yourself drink or anything just wait until you have to go. It would be my suggestion to get the pregnancy test that is digital and says either "pregnant" or "not pregnant." Lots of people tend to test and retest because the line is faint or what not....just my experience. Keep us posted!!

Amber

You guys are aesome...thank you from the bottom of my heart. Right now this is the only place that I feel that I can come and receive any kind of support (not to sound selfish) but I am not receiving a lot of support on this end with friends, family, and such. Thank you guys for listening to me and providing support...I hope thatI can return the favor.

Everyone else gave great advice, I just have one thing to add- even a very faint line is still a positive. With my 2nd, I tested really early, because I felt something was up, and my period was a few days late. The line was faint, but there. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil

Everyone else gave great advice, I just have one thing to add- even a very faint line is still a positive. With my 2nd, I tested really early, because I felt something was up, and my period was a few days late. The line was faint, but there. Good luck!

This is true. I had a faint line once and 7 months later my baby was born :-)
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Faint line is positive!! Good luck to you!!
    (Im 14 weeks with my 3rd right now!)

BandNerd[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    BandNerd

yea i hate those home pregnancy tests...i like the ones that are just simple, + or -...i would wait atleast another few days because even though you are never late it could just be stress making it that late a few days...but its always better to know for sure...i think a week or so is a good time after your late!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;