Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Work ?

I was just wondering out of curiosity if and where you all work?

I work two jobs both stores in the biggest mall here. The stores I work at are called Town Shoes and City Jewellers.

Right now, I work at a front desk of a hotel, mostly to get cash to buy xmas presents and to travel. I will likely be getting a teaching assistantship either this semester or next semester also. I am a Master's student in criminology, who needs to get her thesis done by the spring to I can apply to PhD programs.

I also volunteer for two organizations, one that supports and advocates on behalf a group of men serving life sentences in a prison in Kingston, and another that supports sex offenders when they are returned to the community.

What mall in the 'Peg do you work at? I am curious, visited a few while I was there.

And Town Shoes rocks!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Believe it or not, I work as a server in a RESTAURANT--the #1 anxiety-inducing place for emets! And I love it! Though I'm introverted by nature, I come to life at work and become very people-oriented. Weird. Who knew an introvert could be so good at being a server? I'm looking for the same type of work when I move at the end of this month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I own and solely operate aa Paralegal service out of my home office. I just took an exam to become a Certified Legal Document Preparer, so that I won't have to subcontract out to work under the direction of attorneys. CLDP's can prepare, file and serve Legal documents without an attorney's signature. My goal is to open a small office and hire one paralegal to work there for me. :-) Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I deliver newspapers. I like it because I get to work by myself, and my kids come with me to work. They sleep right through it.

I am a music teacher in an elementary school!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am a 911 Dispatcher.

I work from home, which is good we run our own transport business so don't have to go out much.

I work in a call centre for car insurance. I do three 12 hour shifts a week. It's kinda hard going but I need to do it until I have enough money to study. What I want to do is have a career in animal care.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I work in a camera store as a photo lab technician. I am also in school full time.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am an office manager for a video game company. Heee! I won't grow up.. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Kim

I work for the government in New York State at the Office of Fire Prevention and Control.

I go to school full time, but I work after school at a place like Plaster Fun Time. I am the cashier and fire and sand all the clay pieces.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am also in a job where my emet. is always on the surface. I teach pre-
    school to children with special needs. This is my first year. I was a
    second grade teacher for 12 years prior to this. I love this job. My emet
    seems to be good, though, because I have 2-3 assistants in my room at
    ALL times. The first day of school, I announced..."Who does v* because I
    sure don't! " Luckily, one of the women assured me that I would never
    have to worry because she can handle it just fine. Thank God!!!!!
    Julie

I work in a welfare to work program for women, I assist them in finding employment. Its a good job and I really like it most of the time!! The emet definately does come up as there are lots of children.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I work at JoAnn Fabrics, and really like it.

Wow---what a lot of great jobs we all have!!! Smart bunch we are!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Crimgoddess , I work in Polo ! I LOVE Town Shoes soooo much Im a compulsive shoe buyer ! lol and all other things hehehe.

I work as a Rn at the children's hospital. OMG!! I do pretty good until one of those nasty bugs goes around.

I am a middle school and high school band director in a private Chrisitian school.

I'm also a real estate investor.

BandNerd
    BandNerd

I'm a Minister of a 300-member congregation of the United Church of Canada. And now I am a psychotherapist and I seeabout 5 clients a week. I also teach leadership at the theological college at the University of British Columbia, and I'm about to publish a book called "The Leadership Trinity: Hope for a Broken World".
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

My job seems kinda boring in comparison (well no it actually is boring!!!) but Im a Team Leader for an Insurance Company.

Hippychick which inusrance company do you work for?

Laney xx

I work at a high end spa in a ritzy town as the recpetionist/ass. manager. I love the job its just been so great. Tons of people that I work with and its a little hard to deal with the germs and the public, but I can do IT!
    I love Sam

MY finace and I own a cleaning business, we clean a lot of accounts daily..WE make pretty decent money (not the most glamorous of jobs!)

I also sell dog clothing online I love it.
    *Mandi*