Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I NEED HELP!

Hey anyone who reads this....im under so much stress lately its umbareble. I just recently find out my girlfriend has an eating disorder..she is trying to make herself throw up but it wont happen so another way for her to try to "lose weight" is practically starving herself. Its soo hard cuz idont what to do.ive promised not to tell anyone if she actually tries to help herself but shes not. its also hard for me at the same time because i am stuck with emetophobia. idk what to do what to think..im starting to get really frusterated with her and really really concerned. So please someone anyone out there help me talk to me...i need help

Hey,

you need to sit down and talk to your gf about this, thats the only way you are going ot help resolve this with communication!

it is understandable that you are getting frustrated as you are in a situation where both of you are at different ends of this, you hate it and she feels like she has to..

be there for her support her, only if you can, as you need to help yourself and try make sure that you help yourself and relax, you owe that to yourself!

My ex was bulimic and I found it very hard to deal with also my mother battles with anorexia, so I see where you are coming from..

If you need a chat please PM me, also welcome to the forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Your gf needs to get help for her eating disorder. You should not have to shoulder the burden on your own. Have you looked at the treatment section? There is some good info on getting help for your emet, and you can always find somebody here to talk to and lend an ear.