Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been thinking about getting tattoos for a while now, but we are both undecided as to what design we want.

I'm also REALLY worried about the pain and if I will be able to bear it??!! I nearly had one done on the spur of the moment the other day, but had JUST eaten a big Aussie All-dayer breakfast so was scared the pain would make me sick! LOL.

I know i want something feminine and pretty, so probably a butterfly (common, I know) or something floral or with pixies/fairies. I want something that won't look ridiculous or childish in 20 years time, and that doesn't end up looking common or 'kitch'. Any suggestions or ideas?? I will paste a few pics of the ideas we/i've had so far.. any comments will be appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Okay here is a link to some designs on Google Images that I REALLY like - this is the sort of style i'm looking for - small, pretty and feminine. I really like the one on the left hand side 2nd from the top with the red oriental flowers and dragon flies.. but worried that it would hurt like mad to have one on my lower back..

www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/<WBR>library/index.asp

Awwww lol, wow awesome!! hehe. My fav ones out of them are

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/l...wtatoo.asp?ID= 570
    http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/l...wtatoo.asp?ID= 571

There all really nice though!! i hope ya get one and its not to painfull lol.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Apparently the lower back is one of the most painful places, BUT i assume that that depends on your pain threshold, and how well you can tolerate it. lol, i know this doesn't hlep much. best of luck!

ps. i really like the ones you've picked out.

&lt;3 Anya--Edited by: spilled_milk
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Waahh i've just read up a bit on tattoos, the equipment and the pain etc - i'm starting to have 2nd thoughts!! I wish I could just have a 'test' tattoo - to see if I can handle the pain. I mean, what worries me is, what if he starts it and gets a little bit of black ink and then I can't take it and I have to live with a stupid black dot on my lower arm/back?? Like a black freckle, lol!

Roofus - Those two are my favourites as well! I love both of those - If I had the one with the black tribal bits, then I might make the butterfly more turquoise/dark blue.. but its SO hard to decide! I'm thinking I might have more than one, because I like so many of the designs!

69F_D513.jpg

Z34_D512.jpg

These are another two I like - wwaaahh its too hard to choose!!

I have a tattoo and the pain wasn't bad at all. What gets you are your nerves, which I think can make the pain seem worse than it really is. I have the tattoo on my lower ankle, where there is no fat and it's close to the bone, and honestly, it didn't hurt. I have friends who have them on their back and one who has a butterfly between her breasts and they didn't hurt either. Certain parts are more sensitive than others because of nerve endings so as long as you go with someone to hold your hand, you should be fine. I went with 2 of my friends and they kept me talking and I was ok. Just remember, it is permanent, it hurts TONS to get them removed so pick something you aren't going to get tired of.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

ive had 2 tattoo's one on my shoulder and one at the bottom of my back .... and belive me they aint bad at all .. it feels kinda hot and a slight scratch but thatys it .. i'd have more anyday

ive got one kinda like this

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/l...wtatoo.asp?ID= 2575

on the bottom of my back .. although mine is different to this it's the closet one i can find to it .. mine took 2 hours to do and it didnt bother me at all

mine is kind of like this:

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/l...wtatoo.asp?ID= 1011

it is the comedy/tragedy mask thingy - i had it done 12 years ago, it symbolised how life seemed to me at the time, things were difficult and i had to make some real heart-wrenching decisions. I've moved on now but it still means alot to me.

Pain?? Not too bad to be honest. I had mine on my back, top left. I'm planning another so it can't be that bad...and I'm a wuss with pain, really!

Of your suggestions, my favourite is:

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/l...wtatoo.asp?ID= 621

It's pretty and delicate!

i have one on the back of my neck, my zodiac sign (gemini)

granted, it's not huge but honestly, i barely knew he was doing it &amp; it only took like, 10minutes, 15 tops...you'll be fine, even if it's big &amp; colored =)

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

I got one on my lower back, it did hurt at first but after a while it just went numb but felt really hot. the only part where I shed a tear or two was when he got right on my tailbone. Once the outlining is done, the filling-in time is basically down time. It really doesn't hurt at all.

i think it's the noise of the machine that will scare you more than anything. after a while though, you don't really notice it anymore. and most tattoo artists will do a one-second test spot to let you see what it feels like. trust me, you'll be fine. just relax, try not to tense up your body, breathe at a normal pace and you'll be ok.

for reference, here's my tatt! it is a big one, and my first. took 2 hours! the very top tip of the sun is nearly at the middle of my whole back.

thats my butt at the tattoo parlor lol

this was 4 days after, its shiney because of the anti-bacterial stuff i had to put on it to keep it from scabbing too much.

I have 3 tattoos.I want more but I just havent had the tie or oney to get one. I have one on my stomach and that hurt like hell! I also have one on my forearm...that wasnt bad at all. and I have one on the back of my neck. that didnt hurt too bad either.
    *Mandi*

above all else - make sure the design means something to you. that way, in 20 years, hopefully you'll still love it.

Im getting a butterfly as well - to me, it represents the changes in life we go through ( how it goes through metamorphesis).. and how the butterfly is free to go anywhere and experience all life has to offer. I'm getting mine done in blue - because its a calm color, and it reminds me of the ocean.. which I love. And red, because its the color of passion and a beautiful sky.

make sure your design is part of you... what is something you'd like to represent about yourself? don't go for a design if it has no meaning.. lol.. can you see a trend in what Im saying?

ask yourself.. what does it mean to you? why do you want this design?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hey everyone and thanks for all your advice and suggestions!

Babydoll I get what you're saying re choosing a design that means something to me.. I wasn't REALLY thinking about it like that, I was just trying to choose one that is very 'ME' and suits my personality etc.But I guess 'me' now, and 'me' in 20 years could be 2 very different people! I'm going to go with what you said, its a better way of going about making my choice. I just don't want anything thats 'naff' or cheesy/unoriginal..

Aww metallikat, couldn't see your pics, hopefully will be able to later? I think I could deal with it feeling hot, as long as it isn't a constant, unbearable pain!

Actually I like the idea of it being on the back of your neck Bethany, cos you can cover it with your hair if you don't want to show it off. I was thinking of having a small butterfly/dragonfly on my forearm so I can cover it with my watch if necessary.. I think I've decided to have 2, the first one on my forearm so I can see if its going to hurt much, and then have the 2nd one later on on my lower back..[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I like your design too Suze, and I can totally understand your reasoning behind choosing it - its good you were able to find something so appropriate and fitting for that time of your life! I think I should have a tattoo of a 'crossroads' or something, cos thats where I am! Or a never-ending spiral...

Jodi I like yours too, its a really funky design.. hmm.. ok i'm off to continue the search...

I just my 11th tattoo on Tuesday. I got the Russian word for strength on my wrist, I am trying to put a picture of it on here but it's not working....but this tatto relly means something to me to remind myself to know that I have the strength to get thrugh my illness and what ever else god throws at me. But I also have one on the back of my neck, and it is one of my favorite spots. Honesly, that one really didn't even hurt, I have 11, and the one that hurt really bad is the one between my boobs, and the one that goes around my belly button. I was even thinking that the one on my wrist was going to hurt, but it was nothing, just more annoying than anything, and it only took 10 minutes. And beleive me, when you find the right one you will know. It has taken me over a year to decide what I was going to get next, and then just one day it came to me. I am Russian, and I have been through so much being sick, that sometimes I need to remind myself and tell myself that I have the strenght to get through anything. Good Luck on your search, and I definetly recommend getting one on the back of your neck, its a great spot, I always get tons of complments!!

There I got it to work!!

Or maybe I didn't...lol