Hi all, ive been away.. trying to forget about this fear.
But I wanted to let you all know something about xanax. you might already know.
When I was ohh.. 16 maybe, my first psych gave me xanax and zoloft. I was able to stop taking both within the year or two I think. No problems. But none of the future different medications worked.. so a different psych said well, maybe we should just stick with what worked before, xanax. so I started to take it again. he suggested I take much more than what I wanted to, 1 mg. but i stayed on 1mg. and ive been on it for maybe 2 years now straight. i tried to taper off of it in spring, but couldnt. then last friday I lost my bottle of xanax. i started having withdrawal the next morning. i cant get ahold of the psych, he is a total flake and never answers my calls in anything that could be considered timeliness.. ihad to go to the emergency room where they treated me like a drug dealer, when ive never touched cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs in my life... they didnt even give me enough for the weekend, and im still suffering. im going to the campus doctor today to see what they can do to help me, but during this time I reviewed online the withdrawal effects of xanax..
it can take almost SIX MONTHS or MORE to get over xanax withdrawal if you have been taking it for a long period of time!!
its horrible, let me tell you.
I only have the small stuff so far. unsteady hands, waves of heat/sweating, dizziness, emotional instability, feeling of increased sensory input, diarhea. but it can get much worse according to reports.. hallucinations, seizures.. its frightening. i hope I can get help today. if not I could get worse, now that I am completely out of medication and never allowed to get any from the hospital again.
just be careful guys.
xanax is just a sedative, like alcohol really, its not worth it.
take care.