Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hunger

is the best feeling. i can withstand any n* or panic attack if i know i'm
    hungry because this means that i'm not truely ill. i know it's
    unhealthy to feel hungry all the time, but when i'm away from home
    (at home i'm able to eat pretty adequately), i cannot eat anything of
    substance. i panic if i don't feel hungry. like if i'm not hungry, i
    assume i'm ill.

Yeah, I know it's horribly unhealthy too but I agree with you. I actually like going to bed starving.

I so know what you mean! i to when i travel dont eat anything.. i dont know why but when i am not close to home or when i am visiting a different state or country i cant seem to relax and since i am so tense i make myself n* and queasy so i dont eat much at all.. it really sucks! and now with this new medication i eat pretty much EVERYTHING and anything so i know if i have lost my appetite then i most be getting sick! BUT.. you may not be getting a sv* i get like this with colds too!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I don't know what hunger feels like anymore. I know when my body SHOULD be hungry, simply because "x" number of hours have passed. I have an eating disorder, so my feelings toward hunger are very distorted.

I just hate dry heaving on an empty stomach, which happens multiple times per day.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I starve myself if i know there is a "sv" around.

Hi Krebster - I feel exactly the same!! If I feel hungry it means that I am 'safe' even if I am n*, I always feel better if I haven't eaten for a while. M x

but its not good to not eat...eating boosts your immune system and
    keeps you healthy, so why would you make your body and self weak when
    you need it to be healthy to protect yourself from illness??? Im
    confused...why don't you do something to prtect yourself like take zinc
    and complete B vitamins...and eat good. I'm just saying...does no one
    know that?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Before i would have said, its best not eat when somethings are around, but it really is best to eat something then nothing. I always thought you can't v* on an empty stomach, but sorry to say you can, and its much more painfull, im not trying to put people of here, im just saying from expereince. A few months back i v* and didn't have a lot in me and it was horribly uncomfotable and painfull, i then got taken to hospital to get some anti-emetics which stopped it, but it wasn't very nice. If ou have a healthy diet, keep your immune system up, the more chance of fighting infection, the less you eat the more your body is open to infection.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I am the same way. I cant eat if I know I am going to be away from home. I feel good when my stomach growls and I know I am hungry. Sometimes though I have problems with confusing n* and hunger, but when I know for sure its hunger, I am comforted.

Ruth you are 100% right....all though i doknow it's hard for some people to eat when sv's are going around...i used to be the same way, and i might be again, if it comes near me....but it is so true, that you have to eat to stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I also tend to practically stop eating when I'm away from home. I know what you mean about feeling safe when you feel hungry. Sometimes I still go back to feeling like if my guts are in knots and hurt if its due to hunger then I feel okay and "safe" because I know the cruddy feeling is coming directly from being hungry. I know this must be warped thinking, and I don't do it as much as I used to, but especially when I'm away from home on a trip (especially overnites) I tend to revert back to feeling safe if I feel hungry, so yea I know what you mean. Id tend to feel safest from being sick when I would feel hungry.

Edited by: Galadriel

At least when I haven't eaten, I know exactly why my stomach is hurting - giving me a false sense of control over the situation.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher
    At least when I haven't eaten, I know exactly why my stomach is hurting - giving me a false sense of control over the situation.
    Yeah thats a great way to put it, thats exactly how I feel, I feel like I have some sense of "control" over it because I know exactly</span> why its occuring.

I am the same i can be having such a bad panick thinking i have a sv* but then i will start to feel hungry an i LOVE that feeling it means i am coming out of my panick an i start to relax because i know that i am ok if my body wants food. I know feeling hungry all the time is comforting but it can get into a nasty cycle i used to not eat an feel soo sick through not eating an i knew the only way to cure it was to eat but i couldnt eat because i felt sick it was horrible. eat little an often that helped me that way your still being healthy but you will also get the hunger feeling every so often to make you feel better.

michelle xxx