Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Last night I had a really horrific dream. I was feeling kind of n* before I went to bed but I was so tired I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. after about 3 hours I started to have this really strange dream. It was night, i was with my family and we were out on the lake in an old rickety boat. The paint was peeling off of it and there was a leak in the bottom and water was coming in. We made it over to the shore and got out of the boat. My dad said he was going to go for help and heleft. He came back with a cooler. Inside the cooler was this green stuff that looked like rotten turnip greens. He told everyone that we had to eat it in order to get home. So my mother and my two brothers grabbed big handfuls and ate it. My father did as well and then he looked at me and said "come on, we need to go home". But I was scared and wouldnt do it. So he had my brothers hold me and one grabbed my mouth and forced it open. My father scooped up a big handful of the green rotting mush and shoved it in my mouth. I began to panic and my brothers restrained me even harder and forced me to swallow it. After they let go of me, I ran over to my mother and she hugged me and said everything would be alright. Then I started to feel really n*. I heaved and nothing came out. I heaved again and still nothing. This is when I woke up. I was actually heaving and gagging in real life. But as soon as I woke up all the way and realized it was just a dream, it stopped. I wonder Had I not woken up, If i would have v* in my sleep!

Needless to say I have not been back to sleep since then. I am scared to. I dont want to v* in my sleep and wake up in it. That would be a nightmare come true.

My anxiety levels are sky high right now. I am hungry and want to eat breakfast but I am too afraid too.

Aw honey im so sorry...i would say you are fine if you are hungry, EAT you will probably feel better afterwords.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I believe yourmind will always wake you up in good time if you really need to v*, unless you are totally out of it, after drinking way too much alcohol for instance. It is a natural bodily defense mechanism for you to wake up to stop you from choking. I have had really realistic dreams where I am eating something and it makes me feel really sickly - I end up waking up with a jolt and panicking a little, and even thinking about the dream afterwards makes me feel icky. That is how powerful dreams can be.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about regards being sick in your sleep. If you feel hungry eat, you will feel much better. Try and get some good sleep tonight and more pleasant dreams!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

aww I hate dreams like that. I've had dreams that actually ruined my whole day

I've had dreams like that too, a lot of dreams I have that I'm suffocating or drowning and I wake up either holding my breath or out of breath. I have lots of dreams where I V* but never woke up feeling n* from it. The mind is a powerful thing, but I can understand not wanting to go back to sleep. I think if you aren't n* when you go to bed you won't have a weird dream like that.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!