Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

im doin the whole sea salt soak for 10 minutes a day... any other tips? its soo annoying!! maybe i should do more?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

antibiotic ointment? hw did it get infected?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I assume it ispierced?

Ugh somehow I got one of them as well and it still comes back sometimes, I try to clean it with TCP (anticeptic) about 4-5 times a week until it comes back then its everyday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol, sorry, it is pierced!!

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I would call my piercer and ask for proper instructions...because they
    will know what to do...thats what i did, ask the professional. My
    piercer, his name is Roy is awesome...because most of the time you will
    get ideas that arent actually good for you and can hurt your piecring
    and increase the scar tissue, which ultimately ends with you having to
    remove it
    I love Sam

Antiboitics, antibiotics, antibiotics!

I once had an infection when mine was pierced and I wound up in the hospital on i.v. antbiotics with a 6 inch abcess in my belly. That was disgusting and painful!

Wash it with anti-bacterial soap every 3-4 hours, and put some bactine on the infected areas. Make sure to rinse the soap off really well when you shower. Oh...don't get lotion on it! Lotion and soap will give you an infection if there is any in the hole. I don't have my belly-button done, but I do have almost every other spot you could think of(yes-ouch). All of mine got infected the first week or so...is yours new? I'm actually dealing with this now, too. Been gauging my earlobes up to 1/2 inch and got a few tiny splits in one. I guess beauty is not without pain.
    Be Here Now

they are a bugger aren't they? Ive had mine done for about 2 months now.. I just tried upping my soaks and it looks alot better today already.. the redness and puffiness is gone. I'll keep it up for a few days till the infection is gone.

I dont think your supposed to use bactine - it says not to use it on puncture wounds.

if it starts to get worse again i'll go get some antibiotics asap.

I never did that 10 min soak thing.

Just make sure U keep turning it when you soak it and PLEASE watch out for anything that's tummy level...U don't wanna bump into anything.

And let it completely heal before you put a bar-bell in

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]