Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Please take the time to actually read it. It's the story I wrote for my English class. haha of course, everyone thought it was stupid but since it involves Emetophobia, I thought I'd share it with you. Please note, the only reason why it's so abrupt in certain parts is because the maximum page limit was 5 pages (very stupid if you ask me.... ) Feel free to comment, positive or negative, preferably both. Our nextrough draft is due Monday.

Facing Your Fears

Emetophobia- fear of vomit; this is the fear that 14 year old Emmy Vo faces every day of her life. She thinks it’s been about 5 or 6 years since she remembers the seeing the first signs of the fear. If she saw a picture of vomit or anything to do with vomit, she’d burst into hysterics. Of course, all the other kids thought this was totally stupid, so they’d always tease her about it, even though they knew it just made her life more miserable than it already was.
    Last year, school wasn’t the most pleasant place for Emmy. She had a few friends, but not very many. She excelled in her classes, and was even part of a few after school activities. She still knew though that her life wasn’t complete. The worst day, however, took place during math class.
    The day started out very normally; Emmy woke up, got dressed, and went off to school. Once there, she noticed everything was fine, and though “Wow, today might not be so bad after all,” but she was wrong – DEAD wrong. On her way to math, she was excited to see her teacher, even though she didn’t really enjoy class. She greeted the teacher and walked right in, and found her seat in the front row, right next to her best friend, Trisha.
    At about 15 minutes before the class period ended, the teacher assigned the page numbers from the book they’d be working on. Of course, the students were allowed to talk and get help from their friends if they wanted to. After a while though, she noticed that her other friend sitting behind her, Elaine wasn’t looking to well. So, Emmy asked her if she felt alright.
    “No, not at all,” replied Elaine. “I’m really nauseous. I think I’m gonna barf,” and it was easy to tell that she would. Her face was turning a very p

** by the way, this story IS NOT based on me or anyone else I know. The whole thing is ENTIRELY fictional

Hi there!!

Well done!! I think the best writing comes from the heart, and even though that's not your own personal story it's something you live, breathe, and struggle through every day. You picked a topic you can relate well to, one that impacts your life, and also one that you know alot about.
    I'm not an English teacher, but again I believe if you write what you feel and know--that's a good paper.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Nice job!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

when i type in emetophobia.org..it sends me 2 the page, but it says new message. & it flashes new message & inbox..im very confuzed

lol I know, the story isn't completely accurate to what's happening in real life. But ya.... its not like ne1 else knows.

I really liked your story, you write very well. It was interesting to me that the first person to v* dies, kinda shows how drastic we feel about it (even tho we know we won't die, the fear can feel like it) but then in the end the sick girl, after Emmy has begun to cope better, lives and its not even anything contagious. Very good! Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

thank you! ya i wanted to put something drastic in there. I was just jotting down whatever came to my head. I mean, this isn'tmy life story or anything but certain parts of the story I guess you could say I might relate to. Like, I've never had a friend die from a v* illness and I've certainly NEVER been v* on (knocks wood) but... ya know... and the whole self-ish thing, I can totally relate to that.