Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Guys, tell me if you ever have this dream.

I am on a bus taking a semi-long trip. I am always in the middle of the bus. Someone in the very front has motion sickness and pukes in the isle, so the driver has to stop the bus and get everyone off so he can clean it up. Everyone has to exit through the front (uhhh, step OVER the puddle!!!!!). No one is too freaked out about it (exept me of course... I never have anyone around me who feels like I do) and they calmly proceed toward the front of the bus. I am so petrified and I can't move anywhere toward the front, but on the other hand the smell is so awful that it makes it just as bad. I pass out in my seat and an ambulance has to come and get me off the bus (through the emergency exit... in the BACK). I come out of it and am very happy that I was carried out via stretcher from the back. I am faced with loads of paperwork at the hospital and I don't go on my trip. But I am glad I didn't have to step over the V**** puddle.

Thanks for reading...

Hmm I have dreams really simalar to that, let me know if you want me to post them because they are really graphic, I dont know if you want me too

Laura,

Please do! Graphic is okay. After all, I just visited ratemyvomit.com!!! Very tragic. Enter at your own risk. My tummy has been aching ever since, lol.

Mostof my nightmares involve other people getting sick near me. It's never me that's doing it, although I have a lot of dreams that I am spitting out nasty stuff. Only spitting. No retching, heaving, gagging... you get the point.

I am always stuck somewhere in public and the only way I can get out of the situation is by walking around the person who is v****ing or by stepping over the puddle. For instance, being in a public bathroom stall and someone yacks right outside my stall. Or sometimes it's a long narrow hallway with one door at the end that is locked, so I have to make a U-turn- but there is someone about 30 feet behind me getting sick and it's either pass right by them or hang out at the end of the hall til the end of time, or when I wake up [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

REALLY GRAPHIC***********

V* dreams can be really scary, I had one where I was at walmart (which makes NO sense cuz I never shop there) and one of the workers v*ed right in front of me. Wopps, he didnt make it to the bathroom. Another time I had a dream where i was at a public swimming pool. I went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror and what looked like shaving cream started coming out of my nose. And in the dream my mom said that I was v*ing. Then I woke up, fell back asleep and had a dream that wut looked like pee came out of my nose.

Another time, and this is really, really grahic that my stomach is churning just writing this, I dreamt I was at mc donalds, and everyone was v*ing that they sent everyone outside and made everyone step into this pond, but surprise surprise, the pond was a pond of v*. (god my stomach hurts now!) then they made us slosh around in it, while they poured bucket and bucket of v* on us. I woke up crying and feeling VERY nausea.

Sorry if that was really graphic for you, it was for me! i got nausea and panic just writing that.

Let me know what you think.

Yikes, that's really bad. I have v* dreams pretty regularly too, my worst one from recent memory I am on an airplane and all of a sudden the plane starts spinning around and around and everyone gets sick and because the plane is spinning, the v* is splattering and flying everywhere. Ahhhh, I can't stand it, I don't even want to go to sleep tonight!

To dream that you are traveling, signifies the journey toward your life goals and a journey through life in general.To see a school bus in your dream or ride on one, suggests that you are about to venture on a life journey needed for your own personal growth.
    This could be your journey to the cure of your emet or other troubles health, financial, emotional or otherwise.
    To dream that you are fainting, suggests your inability to confront some unconscious issue or feelings. You need to be more aware and acknowledge of those feelings.
    Again something that you have been pushing back to your mind, ignoring. Either consciously or subconscioussly. Not knowing you it is just a guess once again that it may be the trigger to your emet (most of us don't know what it is or somehow subconscioulsy choose to forget it) Your mind is trying to acknowledge it somehow.
    Of course V**** can mean so many things. It could be just that v****. Could be a nightmare issue as some people fear monsters or death they will often dream of these things.
    The classic reasons for seeing v****

To dream that you are vomiting, indicates that you need to reject or discard an aspect of your life that is revolting. There are some emotions or concepts that you need to confront and then let go.

To see others vomiting in your dream, signifies false pretenses of people who try to take advantage of you. (This doesn't mean that you will see THAT person necassarily they can be represented my someone else or a faceless being. It is you who will have to conclude who you believe it to be.)

THe avoidance of the situation at the front and leaving via the emergency exit can mean you are trying to find a way out of a problem you are experiencing in the waking life. Maybe even the quickest or most productive but a way of avoiding anything unpleasent.

I hate having those dreams myself. I have had a few like that in fact one quite recently where there were puddles EVERYWHERE and I was trying to get away from them.
    I wish I had some way of helping you, or suggestions that make you sleep easier. Dreams can't hurt you though. BIG HUGS.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Thanx so much for all that info! I hate going to sleep, sleeping SUX for me, between nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking (every night) and insomnia, my nights are pretty sleepless!

I dream about v* too really often...Like at least once per week. I alwasy dream that my bf is sick in the bed or something like that. If he really do that a day'i'll never be able to sleep with him again...God...I also dreamed one time that i was v* on me and everywhere....Oh my god....the worst nightmare of my whole life. I also dream a lot that other people v* and that i have to pass close to them to go out of this place. I try to go running, the faster that i can, but i'm never able to run...I have to walk slowly and HAVE to look at the person who v*.... lIke if i was not able to look something other..... Yuk....
    I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.

I am lucky to never have had a dream like that about my husband. Mind you I am sooo in love with him that even when he WAS sick I was able tocomfort him. He was ill on our wedding day while weregetting ready. Till we moved I use to imagine I could still smell it and it made me panick more than when we was sick. I felt so bad for him that day thoughthat it didn't occur to me to panick.
    the vision goes through my head though a replay in my dreams.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Most of my vomit dreams involve someone else being sick, rather than me. I suppose that reflects that Im more terrified by the anticipation and the days spent waiting to seeve youve caught something after being around someone whose sick, than the act itself.

My v* dreams are that I am always around a gorup of people and they all are ill. In the dream I am worried that they will v* around me and I am worried that I will catch it. I wake up feeling very stressed and need a minute to realize that it was only a dream.

V dreams are horrible.

*graphic*

Most of my v dreams are me v-ing. And when I'm ving in the dream I can actually feel the texture. ThenI wake up in a cold sweat and I'm gasping for air. Then after I settle down I realize I'm feeling nauseous. Not panic nausea either. Any idea why? Maybe my body is trying to warn me to get up and fight. I dunno.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Hmm, I often worry myself thinking, is this dream trying to tell myself that I will v* or what is going on here?

I'm alwasy afraid too that my v* dreams are preemonition dreams..... It would be so horrible...

I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.

To dream that you are vomiting, indicates that you need to reject or discard an aspect of your life that is revolting. There are some emotions or concepts that you need to confront and then let go.
    Mind you I have had dreams like you have described and I awake feeling nauseated as well. I know that sometimes what your body is doing at the time can be incorperated into what you are dreaming.
    To dream that you have nausea, signifies that you are suffering from a sickening situation or condition in which you are trying to rid yourself of.
    I know that eating late at night is hard on a stomach and that it works a lot harder to digest etc etc. so somehow you/we turn the feeling into a nauseated feeling. THe cross between stomach feelings and the dream itself making us feel sick. I don't know about that one but have wondered about it myself.

Edited by: Melikasa