Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious

I am not sure if you all have done this before but I was wondering if any of you wanted to share who you are. I see you all on here everyday but don't know much about you. If you would love to share that would be awesome! And if you don't I totally understand.

My name is Brandi. I am 32 years old. I am a stay at home mom. I have been married almost 11 years and thank God my husband totally understands my emet and how crazy it makes me. I have 2 children. My son just turned 10 and my daughter will be 7 next month and they too understand my emet. They like to make fun of me!! I was born and raised in Southern California. I might be moving to Utah for my husbands work. I will be going there next week to check it out! I have one dog Isabella that is part coyote. Anyway sorry this is so long but now you know a little about me. Oh yeah and ILOVE to scrapbook!!!!

hello there

im jodie i have been with my partner for 10 years we have 2 cildren a daughter who is 7 and a son who is 3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im Ruby and Im 21, I live in Northern Cali, with my boyfriend Sam. I
    dont have any kids yet, and I work at a very high end spa. my boyfriend
    is really supportive about my emets, which is great, becuase some day
    he will be taking care of any sick kids.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi.
    I'm 20 years old, I'm a biology student at the University of Georgia. I don't have a boyfriend or any kids. And for now I'm living with my parents again because I'm MAJORLY broke.
    So there you go. Not anything really exciting, but now you know. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Oh, I love talking about me. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I'm Madison(my friends call me Maddie). I'm 15 years old and I am a sophmore(year 10, grad year '09) in highschool. I live in rural Ohio. I'm single and don't care all that much. I don't have any kids and I don't have a job. I'm working hard in school to become hopefully and english and spanish teacher. I love music, movies, and long walks on the beach. Haha, okay, I'm done.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Heyy. Im a sophmore.(grade 10) I live in Manalapan, NJ. I am taking a fashion class because I hope to become a fashion designer & go to college at Delaware for the fashion program.

Hi, Im 37 and live in Suffolk in the UK.

Im married, been with hubby for 12 years (aaarrgghhhh) but no children (hubby is a big kid). Have an idiotic but gorgeous rabbit called Ralphy, work as a manager ininsurance (bring boring), hubby v undertsanding of emetso a happy life overall............

laney xx

I'm Kelly, I live in Ontario, Canada. I am almost 27[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]. I've been married for 1 year and 2 months. We are expecting our first baby in May. I work in the auto industry (except for when I'm laid off like now).

Hi!

I am Leann, I will be 24 in Feb. I live in Ohio and I have a dalring 12 month old baby girl..(I can't believe she is 12 months old!!)..And a husband whom I have been married to for three years...He knows about my emet, and makes fun of me ALL the time..Jokingly, of course![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]....

I admire him because to him V* is like no big deal, he actually likes it! So, he makes me feel better lots of the time...

Thanks for replying!!! So nice to meet you all!!

Hi Brandi (and everyone)!!!!

My name is Charlene--I will be 40 in January-WHEW!!!! I have 3 kids: Derrick is 20, Philip is 18, and Brittani is 15. Brittani still lives with me, and is a sweetheart, and unfortunately an emet Oh yeh, and all of my kids are about a foot taller than me!!

I was born and raised in Palm Springs, California, and aldo lived inn Boston for a year, now I'm in Phoenix, AZ, and hope to return to CA in the future.

I work from home as a Paralegal and Certified Legal Document Preparer and I also own a nanny service, which I just entered into--yay!!

I am an artist (oil paintings, drawings), and am writing my first novel.

I loooove reading about everyone--this is a very nice thread!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm Sophia, I'm 15, and I'm a freshman (9th grade). I don't have any kids, and I don't plan on ever having any. I'm single, and I plan to stay single until I'm outta high school. I'm an honors student... I'm two years ahead in math... I'm a great singer/dancer... umm ya

Hi!

I'm Anya, I'm 16 years and a Junior in high school (11th grade). I'm good enough in school but that's not the most fun part of my life, I've been horseback riding for 12 years, but don't plan on making it my career or anything, although if I don't go to college in the city I plan to compete there. I live in Boston, MA, and thoroughly enjoy it as you can get anywhere with a simple T ride! I have two kittens, and plan to go to school to be a video editor, or radio/TV personality. I sing with the Handel and Haydn society's Young Women's Chorus. I've had emet since I was about three.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi and welcome!

I will be 30 this Sunday and I'm a teacher in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I have been married for 2 years to the most amazing man on earth. He totally understands me and my emet all the time and his mother even trained him to cook, clean and do the laundry without complaining or being asked!

I love to dance, spend time with my neice and nephews and play with my 2 bunnies. It also seems over the last4 years that I was meant to be a wedding planner as my 2 first cousins and I have gotten married since 2003. Next is my best friends wedding in June 2007!

I don't have any children yet, but we have been trying for a year. With a little luck, they will have to roll me down the aisle at my best friend's wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx
    I'm Sophia, I'm 15, and I'm a freshman (9th grade). I don't have any kids, and I don't plan on ever having any. I'm single, and I plan to stay single until I'm outta high school. I'm an honors student... I'm two years ahead in math... I'm a great singer/dancer... umm ya

Great job---Good for you!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hi there!!

I'm Christine, I live near Chicago and have been born and raised in the area. I love Chicago but absolutely HATE the winter! I'm going to be 32 years old on December 5th [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] and I've got blond hair, brown eyes. I'm married to one of the worst guys on the planet, but I have an amazing, beautiful 9-year-old son. I currently work as a flight attendant for a regional carrier out of Philadelphia, but hoping to change to a major carrier pretty soon (with any luck!).
    I love to read, travel, cook, and spend as much time as possible with my son.
    It's really nice to "meet" everyone else!!Edited by: christianne

I'm Beth. Another Ohioan!

I'm 29. I just recently married my 2nd husband and I have a 10 year old daughter. I work as a full time photo lab technician.I do some freelancing with photography on the side- mainly people. But, my passion is landscapes. I am in school for psychology, but am having a change of heart. I have recently become very interested in yoga, not just for the physical aspects- I am most enjoying the philosophies behind the practice. I enjoy getting my horoscope and word of the day in my email. I like hiking, biking,reading and spending time with the people that I love. I sometimes enjoy politics! Today I am very happy about the smoking ban in Ohio! yay! I am also happy about the Democrats taking over Ohio. yay! I have two cats and wish I had a dog. When I can finally get a dog- it will be a sheltie. I will only drive nissans. i am a pseudo vegatarian. i love music. before i got old i played bass and snowboarded regularly. i hate video games and too much tv. but, i love 6 ft. under and law and order svu. nacho libre made me laugh my ass off. all hail the chai tea latte!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I'm Heather and I'll be 27 in January. I live in Wilmington, North Carolina, but I was born and raised in Ohio and just moved a month ago. I have been married 4 years to a good guy--very understanding and supportive. No kids yet, but I have a niece (almost 4) and a nephew (14 months), whom I love to pieces! I am currently unemployed, but seeking. That's my life in a nutshell!

Shiva, there's a state-wide smoking ban now? Was that just voted on? Whendoes that takeeffect? As a smoker, I guess I'm glad I got outta there...[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Heather,

Yes, it was just voted on and passed. I think it starts on December 8th. I understand- if I were a smoker I would be pissed as well. Many people are really losing their minds over it. So yes... another benefit for moving to NC! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey everyone - nice to meet you all!

My name is Jen and Ive just turned 19. I am recently single with no kids. I am still at school with the hope of carrying on to University to study Criminology. I still live at home with the best parents in the world who I love more than anything! I am currently learning to drive which I am sooooooo excited about as my parents said I could have a car for christmas!!! I hope to have the whole shebang one day - loving husband, beautiful kids, house, fun and fulfilling job! Big dreams lol...

about the whole smoking thing.....smoking might actually make your emet. worse. i forgot where i heard that, but it might be true.

Hey all!

I'm Megan and I'm 19 years old. I live with my fiancee and his parents in Schenectady, NY (about 10 minutes from Albany, the capitol of NY). I work full time for the NY government as a receptionist in an office full of goofy people. I have 2 cats, 13 koi fish, and4 littlered shrimp that I keep in a glass ball. (look up Ecospheres on Google, you'll see what I mean). I love going to concerts and I've been to four in less than a year. I play electric guitar and drums, and even though I've been playing guitar longer, I'm better at drums. I love anything that's Japanese or that has to do with the culture, and you can usually find me making origami in my spare time at work. At home I love to cook, sleep, and play computer games. I love shopping when I have the money, and I'm getting married in September of 2008. I have super long brown/black hair but I usually pull it into a ponytail instead of straightening it. I never go anywhere without my cell phone, Vans hoodie, and my pedometer. I smoke, I don't have my license, and I'm still a little kid at heart.

HOWDY Y'ALL!!! I'm Melanie and I am 23 years old. I live in South West Wisconsin...about 45 miles from Dubuque, Iowa. I work as the night jock at a country radio station. I live with my boyfriend of 9 years and I have 2 dogs named Brady and Ginger! I love Country music and JON BON JOVI! LOL I'm a major emet, I also have GAD and OCD. I'm getting a lot better though lately! I love GRETCHEN WILSON (country singer) she is my favorite! And that's really all there is to me!!! LOL Nice to meet all of you!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I love Gretchen Wilson too! She makes me laugh. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I always thought it would be fun to be a DJ. I was in communications in college and was about to switch from journalism to radio production, when I had to drop out for $$$ reasons. Sounds like you have a fun job! I love country music, too.

Hi! Im Mandi! Im 25, and live in Ohio. My fiance and I just got engaged in September...we havent set a date yet! My 2 kids are my Chihuahuas!! I love them to death We own our own cleaning business, and I have my own little doggie clothing business! I spend most of my spare time designing new things and reading! REading takes me into a differnet world whereI dont have to think about anything!I love taking pictures. I totally agree with Beth! I am SOO glad there is a smoking ban in OHio now! I use to be a smoker..I quit about 4 years ago and I absolutely hate it now! Drive a Toyota Prius! Great Gas mileage!!
    *Mandi*

Quote Originally Posted by shiva

Heather,

Yes, it was just voted on and passed. I think it starts on December 8th. I understand- if I were a smoker I would be pissed as well. Many people are really losing their minds over it. So yes... another benefit for moving to NC! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Not only that...I hear that issue passed where they are raising the price on cigarettes to help the arts here too! I know a lot of smokers are really pissed off!
    *Mandi*

Hi, I'm Mary. I am 33 (34 in Dec!Gulp!). I live in a northern suburb of Chicago, recently moved up here from another suburb about 30 miles south. I live with my fiance who I will be marrying on 7-7-07! I am a music teacher in a new job teaching grades 2-5 and I love it! They have their first concert in one week and I am soooo nervous!!! I love playing music...folk, bluegrass, old country and rock and roll...I love to sing and play guitar.

Nice to meet everyone!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hey y'all! I'm Olivia, i live in virginia, and I will be 18 in
    january...Wahoo! I am attempting to get into college right now and I
    want to study environmental science. I am an only child but i have a
    mini schnauzer named oscar whom i adore!!!! I also like to play tennis,
    dance, make jewelry, and watch a lot of tv!
    ~viva~

Hi Everyone,

I'm Susan (nicknamed Turtle as a kid, thus TurtleIam). I'm 38 & okay with that. I get a chuckle out of the "OMG I'm almost 30!" comments. My thought is . . . better to age than the alternative. Anyway, I live just north of Des Moines, IA with my husband of 17 years, our daughter Kat, 9, our son Brendan, 5, our retired greyhound Gainer,6 and our cat Sid, 18. Des Moines is about the middle of the US so we have all 4 seasons. It's a city of about 500,000 but quickly turns into acres and acres of farm land. Love it here.

Even though both kids are in school, I am a stay at home mom. I'm thinking I would like to get a part time job but hate the thought of giving up control of my time to a desk job. So, looking for something "different" to do. Any suggestions?

I really enjoy working with our non-profit greyhound rescue, riding horses and dirt bikes. Became an emet about 8 yrs. ago (late bloomer) but really want to kick the habit. Thankfully, I only freak out about sv's. Would really enjoy talking to others about their experiences as I think it helps. And, will be glad to help how I can.

Thanks & blessing to all of you!

My name is carol, i am 46 years old and live in worcestershire, England. I am married with no children.