Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you in treatment for Emet?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see a counselor of some type

7 18.92%
  • Yes, I am on medication

5 13.51%
  • Both, I am on medication and see someone

6 16.22%
  • No I am not seeing anyone regarding emet

18 48.65%
  • Other (hypnosis, workbooks,etc.)

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I am curious as to whether we all are in treatment for emetophobia, and
    what kinds. I think we could really use this poll to facilitate a
    discussion on ways to get a little better!

For me I see a counselor where emetophobia is one of the things we talk
    about a lot but not the only thing. I have Lorazepam to take
    as-needed in case of a really bad panic attack but I never take it for
    some reason! I have tried SSRI's but they don't really affect
    me. I am thinking about trying hypnosis or more structured
    CBT.

*For anyone who is not in any kind of treatment right now may I ask
    why? Insurance difficulties, financial problems, don't believe in
    therapy, not ready right now, etc?*

Edited by: bestfaceforward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i've been through therapy for more things than i can count. i guess since it never helped me before, it won't help me now. that's why i'm not on any kind of treatment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm on 10 milligrams of Lexapro.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I'm not because my parents won't let meget treatment for it.

I'm not in therapy or taking any medications. After all these years I guess I've learned to deal with it. If a sv hits my home (God forbid!) then I'll deal with it then, I can't let it worry me too much or I won't be able to enjoy life. I also protect my home the best I can. I'm dubbed the Lysol Queen! I clean my boys' bathroom twice daily with bleach. Yea, they love that! I fear seeing it and hearing it, so i try to avoid such situations as much as possible.
    Have you ever seen the Maury show with people with phobias and they "help" them by bringing the "phobia" out on the stage? I remember the mustard lady, scared to death of it. So they bring out this huge platter full of the stuff. How mean! But they cured her?? I won't go to treatment thinking that some shrink will tell me I have to face it head on....no thanks. I've made it this long......
    </span></font></span>
    ~♥Little1♥~

I'm not seeing anyone,but i am on zoloft,150 mg. prescribed by my gp. Reason:My insurance does not have mental health listed as an option.

I refuse to take medication because I did this huge study and report on it for a class last year... I know it probably helps some people, but there were just too many bad things that I found could come from it. I'm also one of those people that don't take meds unless I ABSOLUTELY need them. I'm in therapy too and my counselor agreed that he wouldn't put me on them because he doesn't think I really need them either, it's more of 'in my head' thing than something that's physically tweaked.

I've been on medication for nine years and finally found a med (Zoloft) that really works for me about three years ago. I was also in therapy for about a year and a half five years ago but Zoloft has helped me more than the therapy did. (I didn't really like my counselor but she was aproved by our insurance)